Thursday, September 20, 2012

Lil' Virus, NOT Wasting Away, and a Few Pretzels

This day feels like it's in slow motion.  I was asleep by midnight and slept well enough, but for some reason my body still just wants to sleep.  With Gabe and Rach getting over a little virus, I'm just a smidge concerned that I might be trying to catch it....what with the chills and all (denial is keeping me going...chuckle).

We have plenty of fuel, our Christian family has blessed us with food.  I know that's NOT why I'm tired.  I'm not wasting away. 




Yup, I took a picture of the desserts to torture a friend of mine (evil laugh).

I wish a cooking lesson came with each dish, because the food is SO GOOD!  We are still getting on our feet (wow...I just looked at that sentence...I guess it's true though).  I hope those bringing dinner know just how much of a blessing this is.  I say it...I share it with them, but I don't know if they realize....

Jael is doing great, but our sleep has suffered some hits (to put it mildly) and we've been focusing our little girl.  On top of that we had a middle (that is a wonderful helper) on crutches with a foot fracture and three that were sick.  On top of that we spend random days at the hospital. On top of that we home school.  On top of that....you get it (smile)...

That is not to complain (life is great), but share how appreciative we are....

Jael is still doing good, but the rash on her leg was red and hot this morning. 

When we let her go to just a shirt with nothing on her leg today (with meds), the rash is almost gone.  I'm wondering if material is just irritating the site.  We really don't want to leave her in just a shirt at night though.  I watch her during the day and remind her not to itch it, but at night....

I don't want the almost healed stitches to suffer damage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's it for today friends.  My mind is mush...sorry.

I have a longer post floating around in my mind, but for now...it's still floating. Have a blessed night.  Think I may just sink into oblivion (smile).

Before I go I'll leave you with a pic of our sweet Jael chowing down on a few Pretzels.  I thought her face was adorable.


I know it barely 5:00pm,  but sweet sleep.  I think I'm hitting the bed once Thomas gets home (not much choice there...blick!).

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9


3 comments:

  1. Sending (((HUGS))) and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl! Exhaustion--I can relate. But doesn't it just figure for everything to hit at once?! I so hope you are feeling revived and invigorated after about 12 hours of sleep now. (grinning at the absurdity of the idea) Hugs coming your way, prayers going to your Heavenly Father who loves you more than you can imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you!!! I stink at no sleep!!!! I MEAN REALLY I AM NO GOOD....PRAYING!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails