Monday, September 3, 2012

Let the Journey to the Olympics Begin (Deep Breath and Jael Video)



I thought you might enjoy seeing our little Jael.  She is such a treasure.


I say that as she throws a fit (smile) because she hit her sister.  It's all based in nervousness I think...understandable.  I'm not myself today either and the surgery is not happening to me.  It's hard, because as mommy, I still can't let her hit.  I still have to be consistent in discipline, even when I know what it's based in.  Not only does she crave consistency, but our very blessed life continues after the surgery...and she needs to understand that we treat each other with love.

The little Jelly Bean is nervous.  I'm nervous...I think we all are.  She's sleeping well, which is awesome.  The rest of us, not so much.  Our faith is in the Might of God.  In general it's not worry, but occasionally it slips in.

I woke today thinking, "Surgery is tomorrow."  My husband came to give me a hug and I must admit something.  I said, "Honey, don't hug me now or I'll start crying."  It's NOT that I DON'T feel God's power.  I feel HIM everywhere (totally makes me smile).  I am so very thankful HE allowed us to walk this path with Jael.  Why HE chose us...I don't know.  We don't deserve this honor.  Yes, no matter what the world may say, it IS an honor.  Parenting all our children is an honor.

So today we pray, get ready, pack, and start the journey to the first gymnast with Prosthesis in the Olympics....or maybe she'll give Oscar Pistorius a run for his money. 

Deep Breath...let the journey to the Olympics begin (smile).

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will be posting, as time and the Internet allows, updates to the surgery on this blog.  Please continue to join us in prayer for our daughter. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails