Tuesday, September 4, 2012

As We Settle in for the Night...

It's almost 9:00pm and Jael (aka Little Miracle) is finally asleep.

This whole day has been a stunning testimony to our Heavenly Father.

Jael asked me earlier, "Where are my feet mommy?"  It's a question I never imagined getting (which I probably should've).  She wasn't upset, but curious. 

I replied with, "Honey, they had to take them off to make room for the new feet that will help you walk and run."  I don't know if it was a good or wise answer, but Jael smiled and nodded...easily accepting it.

She truly stuns me.

When Thomas and I walked into the holding room before surgery, God must have infused in me a strength.  We held Jael (full of loopy meds), sung to her, and listened to her slur her words as the meds set in...with not one tear.  After they wheeled her out, honestly, that was another story. 

Yet I'm going to tell you some absolute truth (you can check my husband on this).  When we saw Jael for the first time, I expected to feel a little sadness at the loss of those precious feet.  The only thing I felt though was joy...and every moment since.  I felt like it was the beginning.

After an hour in her room (and Jael crying and vomiting), she and I dozed on her bed.  She snuggled up to me, the anesthesia wore off, and the joy returned to our Miracle's face. 

They told us to expect her to sleep off and on for the first 24 hours.   What I did NOT expect was that she would sleep only a half and hour before now and I'd have to keep up with her...NO JOKE.

She has sat up for long periods of time, coloring, playing with her doll, Polly Pocket, and eating like a horse.

The only thing we wait for now is for her to fill her pull-up in her sleep.  It can take awhile for the body to full on regulate (especially with a epidural).  Ya, I know that's TMI, but it's the truth.

Tomorrow they remove all the tubes and monitors (except the epidural which will be Thursday).  The pain management will be one of the primary concerns (besides infection).  When the epidural is removed (where she receives her pain meds and numbing agents) we will see where we are and need to be.

No matter what tomorrow brings though, today and every day is a day that GOD SHINES!!! 

God called a body of brothers and sisters in Christ from all over the world to petition for our daughter.  We will be forever grateful. 

We have known for a long time that our world is much bigger than just those residing in the United States.  Our children have been brought up knowing the Hands and Feet of Christ are EVERYWHERE. 

This world always seems just a little bit smaller after each child joins our family...as each nation becomes a member of our family...and now....now it seems even smaller. 

All across the world we all stand before the God in love with Him.  Today we stood together petitioning Him.  I feel like we are standing together through many nations. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight I'm going to crawl into a bed next to Jael (as she is hooked up to so many wires, monitors, and tubes) and sink into oblivion...for at least an hour (smile).  I wanted to leave you with a couple pictures of the hope I saw today...the miracle.


 
 
Finally settling in for bed and getting sleepy...

 
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
 

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful news! I will continue to pray for Jael as she recovers and then runs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our God is an awesome God! And Jael is amazing! Can't wait till she gets those running legs. Praying for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know you yet, but your posts bring tears to my eyes. I'm a mom from the homeschool co-op you guys have joined. Thank you for sharing your beautiful daughter's story! I will share it with my boy who is 4.

    with prayers,
    Kathryn Sowell

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thankful everything went so well. Jael is just beautiful and radiating peace & joy. Prayers continue for your family. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Kat. She is so BEAUTIFUL! She has a smile that lights up a room!! She is so precious! We are crying tears of joy, that this step is now complete. We pray that she is able to enjoy her new legs without difficulty. Praise God! We send ALL our LOVE with (((HUGS))) and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're continuing in prayer yet today. She is *so brave*! That smile just makes my heart hurt--what a precious blessing she is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE YOUR HOPE!!! SHE IS THE LORD's and HE WILL NOT FAIL!!!

    PRAYING PRAYING PRAYING!!!!

    That smile just made my day!!!!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails