Thursday, August 9, 2012

Ellie May

One of my blog friends, Wes, pointed out to me an awesome video a little girl name Ellie May. The picture of Oscar Pistorius and Ellie May has been the most posted picture on my facebook wall.

I cannot believe I had not shared the beauty of her story. THANK YOU WES for reminding me.

It's a video Jael will see for the first time today.

The first video is the story of Ellie May Challis. The second shows her learning to use her new running legs. She shows such determination and strength. I can just picture Jael...wow...so cool!

  The story of a brave little girl, Ellie May Challis



Ellie May and Her New Legs


Now my VERY favorite picture of Oscar and Ellie will be posted on the day of the surgery. My daughter Sarah stumbled across it a week or so ago and the phrase on it is one that fits better than anything I could write.

2 comments:

  1. I totally have tears running down my cheeks. How are they not bawling their eyes out in this video?!

    I love God so much--only He would be so incredibly good as to bring these videos and Olympian to your attention as Jael's surgery approaches!!

    Sorry I've been awol--my old dinosaur computer doesn't like your new blog design. :) {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm crying, too! Thanking God for the amazing technology and the people with minds that know how to put it all together so the "simple" thing called walking can be accomplished! He is Mighty! Thankful for Oscar Pistoria's optimistic outlook and character that he would come to mean so much to people!
    What timing! The Olympics and Jael's surgery. Only God would have known the two appointments would meet.
    I don't have the words to express how moved I am that as sad as Jael's little life in the orphanage was, what little hope she had, God has brought her to this place in His awesome way!

    Isaiah 61:3
    "To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified."

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails