Sunday, June 17, 2012

Standing in the Gap for Father's Day... for Those Without Fathers

Today we celebrate Father's Day. My husband has eight little (and big) kids to surround him and give him Father's Day every day (smile).

In 1998, my father passed away, attacked by Pulmonary Fibrosis. I miss him.

The role of Fathers is so very important.

As I think of our Heavenly Father, it kind of puts in perspective how important the job God has given our men.

Yet today, by last estimate, there are 165,000,000 orphans in the world.
 
I had my father for 26 years. 

These children really miss A father. Completely absent for most of these children is a man to teach them...reflect to them their Father in Heaven.

There is no "too many children"...

There is no "too comfortable"...

There is no "too expensive"...

There is no "I could never do that"...

There is no "not enough room"...

that will make NOT having a father (to these children) ok.

Not all are called, but all need to be WILLING to be called.


 

1 comment:

  1. You're killing me with these posts! :) But seriously, I love the way the Lord uses others to soften hearts. . .and that's all I'm going to say for now. ;)

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails