Saturday, June 16, 2012

A New Holocaust~ Children in the Institutions (Sob)

You've heard me talking about children, as young as five, being transferred to adult mental institutions in several countries...all because they have a disability or special need.

I have read several different statistics about children once transferred. Anywhere from 80% to 95% of children DIE within the first year of being transferred.  There is no real argument between statistics. They all agree MOST children die within the first year...MOST.


These children are not statistics.  They are God blessings that bring compassion into the world. 


I've had it said to me, "I know, so I don't need to read books and watch programs about it. We do what we can."  It was said so matter a fact after I had suggested a book. 

We DO need to see these things though.  I can't imagine our Heavenly Father not looking and HIS heart not breaking.  Our hearts should break where God's heart breaks.  We need to see with God's eyes and not our own.

Bible Orphan Ministry (Pictures that will change you)


“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'" Matthew 25:40


Funny thing is, though this verse is the first to come to mind...I don't think of these children as the least, but the best.


1 comment:

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails