Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Convicted~Stories from the Darkest of Places (with corrected link)

I am going to share some personal stuff on this post. It is normally more than I would EVER post.

I think it's important to share before you read the link below.

This is not a "woe is me" thing, but a reality thing....for most of us at times.

Budgeting is awesome, but things don't always turn out like we plan. Unplanned expenses, doctors visits, etc. can throw a budget WAY off. When you have a family of ten, even with a great health insurance, the co-pay is $25 a piece. If two or three children get sick, that's a automatic $75.

Until the tax return comes back we have no savings. That may still be months. Our savings is usually never huge, but it does exist. We have had unexpected expense after unexpected expense. It just happens sometimes. This week is tight....REALLY tight. For the first time in awhile I WAS stressed (worried, concerned)...WAS. Then I read the link below.

Yes, I had a cold grilled cheese sandwich yesterday morning for breakfast (think orange rubber)...smile. Yes, I am using everything I can in my cupboard. I'm thinking creatively. I may be saying a few prayers for nothing unexpected, but it's doable.

These children were hoping for a bowl of rice that someone stole them. A child died from starvation. Having to have a "tight" week. Not so much to worry about....

Where Do I Begin...Stories from the Darkest Places
http://savetheorphan.blogspot.com/2012/06/where-do-i-begin-stories-from-darkest.html#!/2012/06/where-do-i-begin-stories-from-darkest.html

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’"
Matthew 25:37-40

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails