Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Cloudy with a Chance of Crazies...and the Rabid Goat


The flaming microwave should’ve clued me in.
Maybe it was a sign. There is someone out there who would like us to go down in flames as well (said both figuratively and literally).
Or that little spot of ringworm on a beautiful little (the lovely fungus that we fought with the twins for over a year after they arrived from Ethiopia) showing up again out of the blue after four months. Maybe that should have been a whisper of what was going on.

Maybe the air conditioner ceasing to work should have shed light.

Or maybe the INCH of water I found on the bathroom floor this morning…

Or the five pounds I’ve gained (ok, that’s my fault…shoot)

Or the eight hours it took to get one blessing to finish two pages of Math…


Or the negative comment (not even going to repeat it) said IN FRONT of my adoptive children about our newest blessing….

Or the unexpected bill that needed to be paid NOW, using up our little savings we’ve started setting back…



Or the fact that we just got over a long bout of illness and I woke up with a pinched nerve….

Or having to talk with someone that has the sensitivity of a rabid goat (quite a picture, isn’t it?)….I’m really not trying to be mean, but VERY honest….
Or….Or….Or
We’re being hit again with some arrows….looking for the chinks in our armor. Sadly, there’s times where one of those little arrow tips gets through, sometimes (no perfection has yet to be acquired) I handle it wrong.

Today I think the forecast says it all.

Cloudy with a chance of the crazies…
20% Chance of drama in the late afternoon, followed by a slight chance of explosions by nightfall. Overnight sanity is expected to fall below all known standards. Tear fall likely after midnight.
Normally I would recommend chocolate, but 5 lbs says that I might have done that one too many times.

So now I have to act like an adult. I hate that. It’s my least favorite thing to do. Ya, it helps…but then that would be logical wouldn’t it.

I’m so glad that God uses the weak things of the world.

Am I depressed? Ya, maybe a tad (I promised honesty, right?)…it happens. It happens to the best…or maybe I should say the craziest of us.

And I know how to fix it…but I don’t wanna.
Now THERE is the truth.


I DON’T WANNA.I don’t wanna acknowledge the rebellion in my heart that wants to just sit and sulk instead of resting in THE WORD and in GOD.

I don’t wanna acknowledge that how I eat (and gain) effects my mood.

I don’t wanna acknowledge that it’s my choice how I respond to hard kiddo behavior. I don’t have to snap. Their behavior is their choice, my choice is how I handle it.

I DON’T WANNA….
Will I? Probably…
Maturity is for the birds….
“…but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint. “ Isaiah 40:31

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Post Script: We are being hit for a reason. We know what it is. God is moving.

Please pray we continue to hear God clearly through the bombardment that is happening....and patience with each child and each other. Thank you friends….



No comments:

Post a Comment

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails