Monday, January 30, 2012

Circling Our Wagons...Prayers


I didn't want to post until I had shared how much God has brought us through...how much God has blessed us. It's a hard post though. It's going to take me awhile. There is just so much.

I've even started a big post on finding our new "normal". I wrote half of it, but right now...that is just not what is on my heart.

Much is wonderful and I do feel so blessed, yet so much is going on right now. So much is trying to find our balance (as everyone does when they add a new member, adopted or biological) and we still feel like we're circling our wagons.

Jael is doing better than we could imagine. We've contemplated what we see and how she could be doing so well, it can only be God. We have sibling rivalry between the little ones, but that's to be expected. We have a LONG way (for attachment purposes) to go, but we're making baby steps and that's awesome. She has lately been a little more friendly than she should with those she doesn't know. In attachment terms...that's something that does not say secure attachment (see previous posts on attachment). I'll share more about that later.

The last two weeks have been hard though. I'm not sure how much is still adjusting to the time, breaking up sibling rivalry, or starting home school again...but finding a rhythm or pattern has been illusive.

Home schooling with a month off and three very clingy and insecure toddlers...is hard. I wouldn't give it up for the world, but it's hard. It will get easier. We will find a pattern.

You remember how it was coming back after Christmas and your teacher expecting you to actually immediately be focused? Ya, I'm the teacher (smile).

Just after giving myself a brownie point for making it the first week of home school....I got the patriarch of all stomach viruses.

I mean that the bathroom sink/floor and I are on way too intimate terms. Between the pain/cramping that left me debilitated, nausea and vomiting, and fever...the little ones couldn't even climb on me for days. I would try to snuggle them next to me for the few moments between running to the bathroom. Jael and I made a couple steps back in attachment, but a couple steps forward with daddy who is trying to juggle more than I can even imagine right now.

It's been hard. There is no "normal" yet.

That's why I'm writing friends. Could you please cover us in prayer? We are extraordinarily blessed. We know God will lead us to our new "normal", but the comfort of knowing we are covered...is beyond words.

Prayer Requests:
*For our family to find our new "normal".
*For my husband. He could use prayers for his professional life...for discernment, wisdom, security, encouragement, and blessing...
*For our finances as we get back on track.
*For any plans of satan's to be overthrown.
*For Thomas and I to be patient and peaceful as we deal with life's roller coasters.
*OF COURSE for Jael, for her little heart to seek and find the security and love in us, her family.

*Also, I have a family that is weighing heavy on my heart. They just brought home two wonderful boys from China...but the transition has been hard...beyond hard. Think attachment, sensory, and health issues at an intense level. Please pray for the Kendall family. Please pray for God's pressing of peace on every member of their family. Please pray for attachment on all fronts and wisdom as they proceed.

*For Tripp's family...a toddler that just joined Jesus.
*For Ruby, continued healing.
*For Dave, a wonderful Christian man who was in Haiti, who is currently fighting for his life after being shot while picking up funds to help the orphans he was working with. He was flown to the States.


"Come and hear, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me..."Psalm 66:16


8 comments:

  1. PRAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Normal is overrated....but more than surviving would be GREAT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you constantly...and missing you more than I can say. Please give hugs to the girls for me--I look forward to hearing from you when you have time. BIG HUG,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got it girlfriend! I have a post in progress about this idea of our "normal" or "real" life! funny, we're in a similar place (for different reasons) but we are struggling to establish a new "normal" as well. Sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So have been there so I know how you feel - its hard... really hard. Wish I could babysit for you and give you an hour of peace... hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying, (((Kat))). I don't post often, but always praying.

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails