Thursday, December 8, 2011

Our Second Favorite Christmas Present~Jael




Remind me not to check email at 3:30am...because that's how long I've been up.

I haven't shared everything because I didn't know what it meant. Clear as mud,
right?

Last night we received our conformation email for our consulate date. It's for January 3rd. I fly out, most likely, on December 24th...arriving on December 25th.

Can you believe our merciful and wonderful God?

On the day we have chosen to specifically celebrate the birth of salvation and grace into this world,
On the day that changed our lives FOREVER,
On the day that we want to give even more (if that's possible to want) to our Savior....

we are to be given a gift...a gift of our daughter.

That's not even all though. We meet our daughter on the 26th of December.

Why is that a special day?

Because God shared this date with me 4-6 weeks ago. I didn't know what it meant, but I shared with my husband and several very close friends that the 26th had been imprinted on my heart. I wondered if it would be the day I traveled. I wondered if it would be the day I arrived. Only a week ago, my friend Donna texted me, "I think the 26th is going to be your gotcha day."

If I had shared this with the agency or the coordinator, it wouldn't mean the same thing. I requested NO special days...just to get there. January 3rd is the second to last day we gave as an option. It was the day we didn't expect AND a day that I thought was off the radar and not possible. We did NOT request this as our special day. My merciful God, my Heavenly Father...told my heart.

Sigh...man, I love Him. He's so good to our family!

Though I'll share more later, the beauty of this sleepy day is magnificent!!!!

Our prayers have now changed...actually we start with a praise.

We praise God for His mercy and favor...for sharing with us...granting us...the blessing of our daughter.

We pray...
*That Jael is prepared. That the nurses are reading her the book and showing her the pictures we sent. That she dreams nightly of us...every time of sleep. That she sees our faces, hears our voices, smells our scent in her dreams. That she attaches to her daddy and I quickly and finds peace through the transition through her Savior.
*That our family is full of peace as we prepare.
*That the funds are laid before us quickly.
*That the trip is wonderful, safe, and we all come back together as a family and are protected against satan's onslaught through everything.

God is so very very good.

"Come and hear, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me..."Psalm 66:16

6 comments:

  1. OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooo excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooooo exciting! MERRY CHRISTMAS, SWEET FAMILY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW! I am covered in goosebumps and my eyes are full of tears! Prayers are answered! I am so excited for y'all.
    Sleep? Who needs it when all this adrenaline is coursing through your veins?
    Happy Happy Happy Day!
    Hugs to all of you. Praying thanksgiving and also continued care for Jael; funds for your adoption. Oh my, what a wondeful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yahooo!!!!! Thank you Jesus!!!!!! Wonderfully exciting to serve our all powerful God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I say a yippeee and a Woo Hoo! So happy for you guys!! God is good...all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for you! what a great Christmas gift! I can't wait to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails