Friday, October 21, 2011

Gas Tanks Empty

Yep, here I am again. Asking for prayers. Though we have yet to get our I800 approval (would cherish prayers for that and to bring Jael home by Christmas), I am (going for truth here) existing on no reserves and no strength. God is propping me up, lifting my feet, and breathing for me. He is my ONLY strength.

It's like trying to drive a car on an empty gas tank.

We just got hit again today. I can't go into extreme detail, but a couple thousand in finances that we thought would be there for the adoption (travel) may not be. satan doesn't want Jael home.

Normally this wouldn't phase me. It's not fear so much as feeling battered. Fires, explosions, etc. etc. etc.....I feel like we're constantly recovering.

With every adoption I've learned something. God has taught me. With this one, it's reliance. I thought I had that one down. Now that I am empty, I know what it is. A hard and painful lesson, but I know worth it.

Though I cry a little while saying it, I'm glad God is honoring me with it. Who needs to be comfortable...I've never prayed for that...I want grow. Growing is painful.

Thank you for your prayers friends. I could really use them.

4 comments:

  1. Kat, I say I understand...but I know I really don't. You have had waaaay more than your share of "struggle" this go-around, and I will pray for relief my friend! For the God of all peace to wrap His arms around you and give you PEACE...at least for a while...so you CAN recover;)! {{{HUGS-HUGS-HIGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kat. {hug} I'm praying and knowing God is growing you through this. That enemy is soooo persistent, isn't he??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat, I read this last night and began praying for God to lift you up, keep you going, give you courage. I was reminded of our last adoption. While it was a domestic adoption, it took 3 long years before we had our baby home. During those 3 years my faith that he would "be" was on the mountaintop and at times, in a valley. Most certainly a time of faith building for me. Thankfully, I knew God would bring it all to pass in His perfect time and I wasn't in a valley for long. Praying for you, your family, and Jael. God be with you all. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat I'm right there with you. Unfortunately I'm 15 years older and if I'm not tired- I must be dead! LOL!
    (((HUGS))) and prayers :o)

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails