Thursday, July 14, 2011

China, Fraud, and OUCH!!!!

Yep, I seem to disappear a lot lately. You know us, our life has been...well...interesting (smile). We've had a few...ummm...hiccups along the way to our newest blessing.

We did receive some AWESOME news today. Our dossier went to China yesterday afternoon. We now will wait the 2-3 weeks (average from when our dossier gets there) to receive a Log in Date (LID). Totally smooth and flawless...

So, of course, that ticked somebody off. This somebody doesn't like that children will have families that love them, cherish them, and teach them about our AMAZING Heavenly Father.

This someone really seemed to want to go to Korea today.

WHAT?!

Ok, so he wanted to use someone who wanted to go to Korea today.

Checking out at the grocery store, my debit card is declined. I run it again, knowing we are fine and it will go through...declined. I call my bank and they transfer me immediately to Fraud Prevention. They ask, "Did you spend $80 at Frontier Airlines last night and then try to purchase a $1,700 ticket on Korean Airlines?" Hmmmm...let me think...

"NO!!!"

Thankfully, our bank has an awesome fraud unit and caught it with only $80 actually clearing.

I realize someone really wants to go to Korea, but instead I think I'll let them cover my grocery bill that was declined. I think that's fair. Is it bad praying for their fingers to itch all night due to "sticky fingers syndrome"?

Anyway, that taken care of, I found out I'm old. Who knew?!

Apparently my back (surgery in '98, but not much of a problem since) decided to finally feel the body stress that I've been pretty good at handling THIS WEEK (insert applause here). I bent down to check the status of my computer, started to stand up while turning, and felt something give...pop. Let's just say it was no weasel and it wasn't musically beneficial.

Yup, OLD!

This is one way to lay me out for a few days! I'm forcing myself to sit up and type since I will be disappearing for a bit, but had to share our fab news (sound so trendy saying that...lol) and also let you all know about our fun fun fun (maybe just a touch of sarcasm).

Have an awesome night and know God is way bigger than this junk that "what's his name" throws at us.

P.S. Did I mention that our kitten decided the middle of our bed was the litter box today?

"He replied, 'You of little faith, why are you so afraid?' Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm." Matthew 8:26

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you have a prayer request, I will be trying to list them at the end of many of my posts. Just comment or email me and I will list them. If you have a private one, just let me know and I will hold it up to God in prayer, but not place it on our blog.

Please let me know any updates or how God answers. God is just so AMAZINGLY cool and a privilege to watch answer!!!

July's Immanent Adoption Prayer Requests:
*Please pray for our Log in Date and official approval (LOA which usually takes 2-4 months) to come quicker than anyone could imagine.


Our Personal Prayer Requests

*For the waves at my husband's place of business to smooth and calm. For GOD to show him where he can bring GOD the most glory.

*That all paperwork may be quick and without flaw (in only a way the God can do).

*For all "hiccups" to be banished and a hedge of protection (no shrubbery, purely cement :)) be surrounding this journey.

*For our tax return and finances to fly that we may get started on our journey at a greater speed and that all finances come together with smoothness and speed. Even with the above blessing, we still need the tax return to come through. We have received partial, but are still waiting for the remainder.

*Please pray for our daughter across the world who faces each night alone, not knowing a family awaits her. Please pray that she feels GOD's presence, GOD's hedge of protection around her, that her heart is prepared and ready for family, and that Jesus fills her heart and helps her to be ready to attach to her family. Also for her biological family and their peace and knowledge of a God that loves them so very much.

*Please pray that GOD protects us from satan's attacks. When you follow GOD, satan always attacks. We have had constant life "storms", thus the verse above.

*Please pray for the drama surrounding a situation not directly effecting us or in our immediate family, but none the less...drama. Please pray for peace surrounding this situation.

*Most importantly, that GOD be brought glory and His will be done in all of this.

Prayers for Our Brothers and Sisters

If you have a prayer request, I will be trying to place them at the end of EVERY blog. Just comment or email me and I will list them. If you have a private one, just let me know and I will hold it up to GOD in prayer, but not place it on our blog.

*Please pray for Eden, a little blessing from Ethiopia, who has a life threatening disorder.

*Please pray for Carrington who just arrived in March from Eastern Europe. She came home at 11lbs and three years old. Update: She is home from the hospital now and doing SO much better, but could still use prayers!

*Please pray for little Selah, Lorraine's daughter, who has hydrocephalus and issues cropping up regarding this.

*Please pray for Judah, a little one from Ethiopia that is on a medical visa here in the United States. He has hydrocephalus and the doctors are evaluating him for treatment that is not available there. GOD is working miracles, can we pray for some more?

*Please pray for my friends Michelle and Amber who both have parents struggling with cancer. Michelle also has an Uncle fighting cancer as well. Amber's mom has VERY little time left on this earth (the doctor's feel).

*Please pray for Donna and her family as they are in the adoption process at the same time we are and have their preliminary approval for their two boys as well.

*Rolando and Julia (Guatemala-It has been over five years.), AND Junior and Diamoh (Liberia) to be able to finally come home to their families and that these countries open to legitimate adoptions.

*Renae-For the continued transition of their sweet family. Their daughter joined their family this year and they are starting the process of another amazing journey to Ethiopia!

*Daniel (Liberia) and Jeremiah (Taiwan)- for their continued health issues. GOD's blessings and Hand on them and their families.

*My friend (unnamed, GOD knows)... foster son, his family, and all who will make or influence decisions on his behalf that GOD's will be done in every aspect of his life. Also, currently, for his serious health issues. They are finalizing his adoption in just a few days.

*For Eliz and their family as they bring home five beautiful blessings with Down Syndrome.

*Please pray for Gena (and family) and their teen son. Please pray for him to come to know CHRIST.

*Please pray for our friend whose daughter Kennedy is having seizures. Please pray that they cease and whatever is causing them never returns.

*Please pray for the Young family~That God would grow them to be the parents their son needs, and that their fears would be relieved.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! My credit card # was stolen 2 months ago. First they bought a cell phone in Canada. And after our amazing bank caught it, someone called insisting that I had plane tickets reserved for who knows where!! OY!! I just told them it wasn't me and hung up because I knew the card was invalid already.
    crazy stuff!
    Feel better soon! I'm praying!!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails