Sunday, May 8, 2011

Eight Gems in My Heart, One Diamond that Doesn't Really Matter

Today is Mother's Day.

Our preacher quoted a study this morning that said, "If you do NOT have children, you average three months more of leisure time a year." My brother leaned over and whispered, "Kat, I think you have a deficit." I love my brother. Leisure time is over-rated anyway (kinda like sanity).

It's been an odd week. I'm not sure there is one that has made me appreciate motherhood more. I may have a house that smells like we've had a BBQ, but I have seven healthy blessings playing, bickering, and laughing in our close quarters right now. I have one little Chinese blessing one step closer to coming home (we have a finger print appointment). Seven of my "gems" are shining all around me.

This morning I realized I was minus a much more minor one. Apparently, we believe, when I was knocking around pulling everything I could out of the house during the fire...I knocked my wedding ring a little too hard. We realized that I am now minus a diamond.

Tears came for about five minutes...then I laughed. "Seriously?" I wanted to ask my arch nemesis. "You think a diamond is going to phase me?"

I have my "gems". I have the only ones that matter. This ring doesn't get another thought.

This Mother's Day I may be minus one diamond, but I have something worth more than a bigazillion (from the official Kat dictionary) times more...my family.

Happy Mother's Day to so many awesome moms that I know read this blog.

Hugs and Love (with a slight scent of BBQ) from our blog to yours!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Miss a few posts....and there is something big that happens! PRAYING for your family. So wonderful to know that YOU KNOW the REAL IMPORTANT things in life are family & God! AMEN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost a diamond too! About 5 years ago. We were having the time of our lives. Laughing. Vacationing at our lake property (we have no cabin ;o) Rough stuff camping in the wilderness, apparently not conducive to diamond wearing! I cried too. But now I'd gladly sell that ring for a plane ticket for one of my boys! Except no one else wants to buy a ring minus a diamond! LOL!
    (((HUGS))) You are a gem too Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. I'm praying for you, friend! I am overwhelmed just reading and praying about the storms being thrown at you. Only through God are you having such strength!!! Praise Him!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails