Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Day Yesterday (Still Laughing)


At 3:30am we woke up our husband (my multiple personality Inga and I....hey, it was 3:30 in the morning) so he could go down to our Home School Co-op and sign up on a list. This would insure that we would be one of the first names called when registration started at 9:00am.

Couldn't go back to sleep...

Got the kids up at 6am and promised them McDonald's. We don't eat out very often and they were so excited. I needed to leave by 7:30am.

No one can find socks and I find myself threatening them with no McDonald's if they cannot find them (since I had told them the night before). I mean really! What happens if they got in an accident in dirty socks!

7:40am we step out the door and a teen decides it's chilly (though I told everyone it was chilly and to get a jacket on before we left). My teen runs back in, takes 10 minutes, and comes back out with jacket, wallet, and cell phone...but did look cool (big smile)

8:20am Bekah says (from the back of the car), "I don't feel so good mommy!" and proceeds to throw up.

At 8:30am we arrive at Co-op, registration filled out, forgot to write down a class.
*BTW our number on the list was seven. I love seven. I'm telling you that for absolutely no reason.

11:00am has us waiting for Anna to get out of her one Co-op class and I'm outside letting the twins run around...both teething...both running different directions. When they wouldn't listen I was a mean mommy and put them back in the stroller. They did not like that and tears poured down. That is after Gabe said, "No no no no no".

11:30am we left co-op and headed for the local Abeka teaching display. I love the 10% discount and free shipping (when I can't get used curriculum). The twins squealed the whole time playing. Anna was a wonderful helper. One of our sweet middle ones decided to play wrestle with a little girl we didn't know (this is a child that I hardly EVER have to reprimand). It was for the ONE second I wasn't watching (of course) and another mother was watching and came and told me, "You know, your little one is wrestling in back of you." Of course I sit my child down beside me. That's where our blessing was going to have to stay until I finished (since good choices were not made). Five minutes later, I look beside me and all I see is feet crawling away. Ummmmm....

1:00pm we headed out to our adoption agency to drop off our tax forms for the final part of our home study (so it can be emailed to our agency). I missed the exit (I've been there a MILLION times) and ended up on a different freeway. Finally I got turned around and was able to drop off the forms.

I threw my stroller in the back of the car as we left. A few blocks away I remembered I forgot to get my cell out of a compartment in the stroller. I asked Max to reach back and get it.
"Mommy, the compartment is open and it's not in there."
We stopped and searched the back, then turned around and went back to the spot on the street in which we parked. There was my cell upside down in a puddle along the roadside (fell out of my stroller when I was picking it up).

At 3:00pm we arrived back at co-op to pick up my teens. Thankfully a friend offered to be the "responsible adult" on campus for our teens. That they think I'm a "responsible adult" is a little funny.

4:00pm we made it to the grocery store. Gabe decided that he is going to grab everything I put in the cart. All the kids are usually AWESOME in the grocery store and I love going with them. This time though, Gabe starts acting up so much (with the tiredness and teething) that he swiped the donation box to the floor at the cash register.

We ended the day with Rachel laying on the floor, Gabe plopping down on her head, and bouncing...then pinching her ear.

I do NOT want to know what would have happened if God had not been with me yesterday.

I can't stop shaking my head and laughing. God is so good to love me through this awesome and crazy insanity!

"He replied, 'You of little faith, why are you so afraid?' Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm." Matthew 8:26
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PRAYER REQUESTS
If you have a prayer request, I will be trying to list them at the end of most blog posts. Just comment or email me and I will list them. If you have a private one, just let me know and I will hold it up to God in prayer, but not place it on our blog.

Please let me know any updates or how God answers. God is just so AMAZINGLY cool and a privilege to watch answer!!!

OUR PERSONAL PRAYER REQUESTS
*For the waves rolling after the death of Thomas' step-dad and everything and everyone effected. It is April repercussions are still being felt.

*For the waves at my husband's place of business to smooth and calm. For GOD to show him where he can bring GOD the most glory.

*That all paperwork may be quick and without flaw (in only a way the God can do) and both U.S. immigration approves us quickly and the Chinese government.

*For all "hiccups" to be banished and a hedge of protection be surrounding this journey.

*For our tax return and finances to fly that we may get started on our journey at a greater speed and that all finances come together with smoothness and speed. Even with the above blessing, we still need the remainder of our tax return to come through. We have recieved partial, but are still waiting to find out what we need to send in for extra documentation and have yet to recieve the letter.

*Please pray for our daughter across the world who faces each night alone, not knowing a family awaits her. Please pray that she feels GOD's presence, GOD's hedge of protection around her, that her heart is prepared and ready for family, and that Jesus fills her heart and helps her to be ready to attach to her family. Also for her biological family and their peace and knowledge of a God that loves them so very much.

*Please pray that GOD protects us from satan's attacks. When you follow GOD, satan always attacks. We have had constant life "storms", thus the verse above.

*Most importantly, that GOD be brought glory and His will be done in all of this.

April's Extra Adoption Prayer Requests:
*Please pray for our medical forms for China, that our tests results are wonderful. *Please pray as we apply to Immigration. We need the fingerprint appointment to come quickly, as well as approval.
*Please pray as we start to gather our dossier paperwork...that is without flaw and with God's perfect timing.

PRAYERS FOR OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERSIf you have a prayer request, I will be trying to place them at the end of EVERY blog. Just comment or email me and I will list them. If you have a private one, just let me know and I will hold it up to GOD in prayer, but not place it on our blog.

*Please pray for Eden, a little blessing from Ethiopia, who has a life threatening disorder.

*Please pray for Carrington who just arrived in March from Eastern Europe. She is 11lbs and three years old. She is fighting for her life.

*Please pray for little Selah, Lorraine's daughter, who has hydrocephalus and issues cropping up regarding this.

*Please pray for Judah, a little one from Ethiopia that is on a medical visa here in the United States. He has hydrocephalus and the doctors are evaluating him for treatment that is not available there. GOD is working miracles, can we pray for some more?

*Please pray for my friends Michelle and Amber who both have parents struggling with cancer.

*Please pray for Donna and her family as they are starting the adoption process at the same exact time we are and have their preliminary approval as well.

*Please pray for the funds to bring Isaiah and Ruth home in around three short weeks. May funds pour in....(if you have heard news on this, please let me know! :))

*Rolando and Julia (Guatemala-It has been over five years.), AND Junior and Diamoh (Liberia) to be able to finally come home to their families and that these countries open to legitimate adoptions.

*Renae-For the continued transition of their sweet family. Their daughter joined their family this year and they are starting the process of another amazing journey to Ethiopia!

*Daniel (Liberia) and Jeremiah (Taiwan)- for their continued health issues. GOD's blessings and Hand on them and their families.

*My friend (unnamed, GOD knows)... foster son, his family, and all who will make or influence decisions on his behalf that GOD's will be done in every aspect of his life. Also, currently, for his serious health issues.

*For Eliz and their family as they bring home five beautiful blessings with Down Syndrome.

*Please pray for discernment and clarity for Gena and her family as they seek God's will about a future adoption. Also, please pray for their teen son to come to know CHRIST.

*Please pray for our friend whose daughter Kennedy is having seizures. Please pray that they cease and whatever is causing them never returns.

*Please pray for the Young family~That God would grow them to be the parents their son needs, that the remaining funds would be provided, that their adoption would proceed unhindered, and that their fears would be relieved.

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear......sounds like a crazy kind of day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"m trying to laugh along with you, but it's hitting a little too close to home. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers that God will meet each and every request!

    Our refund is being held as well. So frustrating!

    Love and blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS...I don't mind at all if you would like so share our Gotcha Day post. :)

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails