Friday, April 15, 2011

The Art of Complaining (for Parents)


Complaining, complaining go away
Don't come again some other day.

I don't want to know that you can't work on school
Because your assignment was dropped in the pool.

I don't want to know that life is blick
Because Jim can't come over since your sister is sick.

I don't want to know you can't dig up clean clothes
How they landed on the floor, nobody knows.

I know it's so awful, you feel there is no food
Could it be that you are in a terrible mood?

I understand that your angry; babies got into your work
If you remove it from the floor, you won't go berserk.

Your brother touched you, it makes you so mad
He rubbed on your head; he's such a cad

Yes, it is true, electronics are banned.
It's all our fault; we have such high demands.

I know that dessert, your ice cream is gone
It doesn't matter that your grounded; I'm still in the wrong.

Raising your voice as you complain
(Just a hint) insures you won't get your way.

Parents are mean, too tough, and cruel
You should know that by now we don't try to be cool.

It's amazing though, what you'll find out
When you have a child, just give me a shout

I'll have to chuckle when your toilet is flushed
And your son's little car is surrounded in mush.

I promise not to laugh too very hard
When you see that life now is just not so marred

Until then I'll pray, and pray that much more
That when grandchildren do come, they'll even the score.

2 comments:

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails