Monday, February 7, 2011

Blessing in the Mourning


Thank you all for the prayers. Today has been a sad day of the realization sitting in. There's a lot of plans and a lot of things that are happening like dominoes right now. Not bad, but the death of my husband's step-dad means a lot of changes.

We can see God very clearly, but are taking steps (you know, the invisible ones that you know are there, but can't see) that are big.

I had actually planned on sharing our big news today, there MAY even be a tiny hint on our blog design(Yep, it's hard keeping my mouth completely shut. Really, someone should loan me some duct tape).

But today is a day that we are mourning, not for Joe, but for ourselves and for our family. I will share our big news, but it will need to be in a few days.

The funny thing is that in this sadness, God is so evident. From the comforting prayers and words from friends, to a very special handmade gift that came in the mail today from a special blog friend. It wasn't a mailman that brought it today, but God.

Today I will rejoice, because in death, life is even more evident.

Thank you to each of you for showing me a little of God's love. He is so very good to me.

"I keep my eyes always on the LORD.
With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure..." Psalm 16:8-9


3 comments:

  1. Praying for you all......
    Can't wait to hear your big news :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((HUGS))) and prayers for your precious MIL, and your family. knowing the hole he leaves in your family. I am rejoicing that Joe is now with his heavely Father! Praising God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss. Praying for y'all! Can't wait to hear your God news!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails