Friday, January 14, 2011

Riveting Title to Post

Just pretend this post is inordinately profound. I'm saying something really witty here. Oh, now I'm saying something tear jerking.

You moved yet? Naw, me neither, but I seriously just can't think of much to say. So much is going on and God is stretching us, but the words are only SLOWLY forming in my mind.

This week was a good week of home school, with a touch of fairies flying around heads (nobody wanted to think...bad fairies). We had a little illness (Lysol shooters now attached to wrists...my super power) and LOTS of prayer.

I'm feeling excited for some reason. Okay, I'm feeling excited because God is working on us and I can feel it (somewhat painfully, but feeling it is a AWESOME thing).

Mostly I've been excited about feeling hungry for the Bible. Maybe I should save this for a more serious post, but I've been thinking about starvation.

There's a point in starvation that your body just kinda gives up (from what I've read) and the hunger just isn't really there on a heightened level. Well, it hit me that reading God's word is a lot like that. We are feeding our spirit. The less we live in the word, at least with me, the less I actually crave it. I've committed to a plan though on YouVersion.com which gets me through the Bible in one year, shows me the percentage I've read, and is just all around cool. I'm SERIOUSLY hungry right now, and not a hunger chips and salsa can fill. I figure if I read the Bible through at least once every year I ought to eventually know something...hee hee.

Right now, all I DO know is that I want to curl up in bed. It's almost midnight and I'm wondering exactly what I'm doing up.

This post may not make sense tomorrow, but I'll blame that on the fairies.

Have sweet sleep my bloggy friends!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please don't hesitate to tell me of any prayer need. I would love to add your prayer requests to this list (which I try to put at the end of each post).

Prayer Requests:

*Rolando and Julia (Guatemala-It has been over five years.), AND Junior and Diamoh (Liberia) to be able to finally come home to their families and that these countries open to legitimate adoptions.
*Renae-For the continued transition of their sweet family. Their daughter joined their family this year!
*Daniel (Liberia) and Jeremiah (Taiwan)- for their continued health issues. God's blessings and Hand on them and their families.
*Our friend's (unnamed, God knows) foster son, his family, and all who will make or influence decisions on his behalf that God's will be done in every aspect of his life.
*Eliz and her family-Blessings of speed of process and safety for her five fragile sons with Down Syndrome as they wait to bring them home.
*Please pray for our friends (the Stokes family) and their adoption from China as they reach the last stages to bring home their newest blessing.

Personal Prayer Requests:

*We pray that God shows us our next child. We pray that financially things will fall into place to be able to adopt so that we will not have to wait on any funds (at least initially). We pray for health as we plan for the future. We pray for our future children, our current blessings, and our family...that they may be loved and prepared for another amazing blessing. Especially we pray that whatever happens, it is to God's glory and is HIS will.

*We also ask that you join us in prayer for wisdom and guidance (that we can bring God the most glory) in my husband's career. We're limited in what we can share, but feel pressed on to pray about both these prayer requests and God knows exactly what we're asking.

*Last, we ask that you pray protection against satan's barbs. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Amen Sister!!
    This verse has been on my mind to post about in my blog- John 4:32 Don't you love it!!
    (((HUGS))) and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes a ton of sense.
    Blessed are they who hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled.

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails