Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Epiphanies and Lies

Oh, it's not that bad. Today was one of those days. I didn't sleep well last night. One child chose a small measure of defiance to test limits. It was the first day back of home school. It was a day where I was tired and struggling with many instances of others "not thinking it through" and little hurts. In other words, a day like we all have occasionally.

Yet the difference in today is that when satan started working on me, I knew he was lying.

"Your a failure"
"Your not good enough"
"They're pretending to like you, but they really don't"
"See, no one listens to you. You're a lousy parent."
"Your not pretty enough or skinny enough"

The lies rest in the lap of satan. Oh, we are all far from perfect and we all have times in our lives where we can't get a grip, but God doesn't tell us stuff that just breaks us down to the point of giving up. That's satan's job.

God is reconstructive (even when it hurts).
satan is destructive.
God is honest in His instruction, telling painful truths to reconstruct us to His tool.
satan is the master of lies, telling us lies in a way that will only cause us harm.

God causes life.
satan causes death.

God numbers our days until we can be with Him.
satan tries to cut short our days with depression or suicide.

There's a pattern.

God says things such as, "You are turning from me and letting others opinions be your master."
satan says, "You are a failure, AGAIN, no one likes you."

God says things such as, "Your children are not listening, just as you have not listened to me, in their rebellious spirit."
satan says, "You're no good as a parent. You've made a mess of your kids."

God says things such as, "Your body is mine. You need to grow and treat it with the respect I want you to. Do not let food be your master."
satan says, "Your too fat/too skinny, your shaped like a kangaroo on steroids. Man! You are so ugly."

God says things like, "I'm proud of you my child."
satan says things like, "You don't need God. You are amazing on your own."

God says things like, "I gave you my promise."
Satan says, "You will fail."

God is reconstructive.
satan is destructive.

I've been recognizing satan's lies for what they are lately. It only took me 39 years. When the ugliness and shattering lies rack through my brain, trying to ruin me...I have to ask myself, is this destructive or reconstructive? When you have your answer, you know exactly where it came from.

I realized this recently in another area of my life, as you can see in the post
  "The Lies satan Tells Us About Adoption".

Now I am realizing this in the rest of my life. My life is not my own, why would my Savior want to destroy it? Now then, satan has a good reason. We are not his children. He has been disinherited. We are now claiming exactly what he wants.

I ask you to join me in remembering (again) that God loves us. He claims us as His own. He is a jealous God. He wants our untarnished devotion. He cherishes our spirits. He knows our flaws. He will not bend easily to the shedding of His children through the lies of the great deceiver.

God is our shield where satan's lies cannot penetrate...that is when we rest in Him.

"...so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power." I Corinthians 2:5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayer Requests:
*Rolando and Julia (Guatemala-It has been over five years.), AND Junior and Diamoh (Liberia) to be able to finally come home to their families and that these countries open to legitimate adoptions.
*Renae-For the continued transition of their sweet family. Their daughter joined their family this year!
*Daniel (Liberia) and Jeremiah (Taiwan)- for their continued health issues. God's blessings and Hand on them and their families.
*Our friend's (unnamed, God knows) foster son, his family, and all who will make or influence decisions on his behalf that God's will be done in every aspect of his life.
*Eliz and her family-Blessings of speed of process and safety for her five fragile sons with Down Syndrome as they wait to bring them home.

Personal Prayer Requests:

*My husband and I, right now, are asking for a direct answer from God. We are asking for something so clear that neither of us can miss it. This is a very specific situation. We don't feel we're supposed to share all the details yet. Depending on the answer, it may change more than just our lives. If you have a moment (or many :)), can you pray with us. Can you pray for direct guidance and God's provision (there is a serious financial aspect involved too), that we may clearly see God's answer, have complete peace, and be able to act immediately.
*We also ask that you join us in prayer for wisdom and guidance (that we can bring God the most glory) in the career field. We're limited in what we can share, but feel pressed on to pray about both these prayer requests and God knows exactly what we're asking.
*Last, we ask that you pray protection against satan's barbs. Thank you.

Though our prayer requests have not changed a lot, they have intensified. God has been clarifying some things, but the intensity and challenge (even from ourselves) has stepped up a lot. Can you please pray with us (below) and pray God makes this even more clear and provides a clear financial way. It's pretty serious and we can not only see the momentum building, but the resistance as well.

3 comments:

  1. HUGE!!! I just want to print this off and hang it on my refrigerator so I can read it when I need it. Thank you so much for sharing--you said it perfectly with God being reconstructive and the devil being destructive. Test the spirits. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Sister!! Amen!!
    That darn satan just never gives up! UGH!!
    (((HUGS))) You are beautiful!!
    You are truly a servant of the Lord. I see you standing in your armor!!(Ephesians 6:10)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In addition to being destructive, he lies quite a lot.

    My opinion isn't worth much, but I think you rock!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails