Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I am NOT Putting Those on the Tree!!!!

I have to share it, I have to. Please don't disown me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, it came and bit me. I should have known my husband and I's Valentines Day goofiness would come back to haunt me. Did it haunt him? No, of course...it haunted me.

For those of you that know us pretty well, you may remember that my husband and I mess with each other pretty bad on Valentines Day. The goal is to embarrass each other, not the bad embarrassment, but the "shake your head, I can't believe you did that" embarrassment.

It started when we lived on a fourth floor apartment in Germany. I looked down to the deep snow covering the ground and written in 6 foot tall letters in the snow was, "I HEART KAT". Well, through the years there's been "I love Kat" spray painted on my winter lawn, a van full of balloons, and many many stories I'm not even going to tell.

So one Valentines Day, when my husband was driving someone else to work, I placed a pair of fuzzy red handcuffs on his rear view mirror. See, it backfired right off, he left them up for awhile and who did it embarrass (very purposely)...me.

Well, somewhere down the line my husband took them down and tossed them in our room in the bottom of a random box. We haven't seen them since they came out of his car YEARS ago...until today.

Today, our sweet glowing Anna was giggling with overflowing excitement. She skipped into the room...so very very happy and excited....

"Mommy!", she tripped over her words almost giddily,"I didn't know we had Christmas Handcuffs!!!!"

4 comments:

  1. Picturing those on a tree right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's a morning without coffee spit on keyboard...hee hee. Now THAT made me laugh :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cute!!I love it!
    I gave Tom has a magnet that says "We've been through alot together and it's all your fault!"
    Here's something you have to look foreward to......but then maybe your kids are better behaved than mine! My adult kids go through all of our drawers when we are gone and they get bored. UGH! UGH! UGH! I guess they think since they babysit for free?! It was bad enough when they wondered how/when I pulled a fast one like getting pregnant at 46.(they think we are very close to death! and unable to live normal lives!) But invading my personal space!!! I guess I don't get any! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails