Wednesday, November 17, 2010

TSA Body Scans and Protecting our Children-UPDATED!

I saw, for the first time, what the images from the Virtual Body Scans (that the airport will be requiring) look like. If they want to run away screaming "My eyes! My eyes!" from doing a virtual scan on me, it doesn't bug me too much.

BUT....

I then start thinking about my children...age 16, 14, 9, 8, 4, 1, and 1.

The following article is written from a Christian perspective and says exactly what needs to be said. There is something innately wrong with a professional, that is not a doctor, seeing my children naked (even virtually) OR legally being able to move their hands over my children.

The following blog post says things far better that I ever could....

"Four Reasons You Should Resist the New TSA Security Procedures (and How You Can)"

Update:
I wanted to add this link to my blog. This is a post about the experience of a woman going through the invasive pat downs that now take place by the TSA employees.
There was no option of a scanner even.
The thought of someone touching my child that way....
I don't think we will be flying for awhile.

"Our Little Chatterboxes-TSA Sexual Assault"

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails