Saturday, October 30, 2010

Domestic Adoption Verses International-"Taking Care of Our Own"-This Ones for You Tami!

Recently I read about hatefulness spewed on an international adoptive family. This one went beyond the insensitive remarks that often trip over the tongue of those that don't YET understand.

They were led to their children, just as we were. Yet their beautiful boys are special needs. They are unique as a fingerprint and, as with any child, not interchangeable. They are fascinating and lovely gifts from God.

One of the attitudes that we have dealt with before, is ONE that was thrown into the fray.

"We need to take care of our own."

I say "Amen!". Stop sitting there in shock (smile). You see, all the orphans of the world are our responsibility. They are all our own.

James 1:27 says, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

Notice that it does not say that we are to look after ONLY the orphans and widows in our area. That is a version of the Bible I have not read. It does NOT say, "look after the orphans and widows in their distress only in America or Canada or wherever." ALL children are important to God...everywhere.

This point is almost mute though. You see, as I've said many times, God led us to our children. We didn't choose international vs. domestic. HE chose our child.

If you believe in God's leading, then you know others may not understand and it can be a privilege to help them do exactly that.

If attacked, praise Him (though it's hard to at the time....it hurts).

You are being attacked because you are following God. Satan doesn't like that. When you answer, you may just be planting a seed AND God may be using you to help lift a veil that Satan REALLY does not want lifted in that person's life.

I believe in domestic AND international adoption. I believe in children. I celebrate as each is marinated in the love of a family.

"Domestic Adoption verses International?" Pffft....

The real issue is "Following God verses Not".




2 comments:

  1. Amen sister! GREAT post! I would adopt form wherever the Lord sent me, BELIEVE me with a petrifying FEAR of flying International adoption to a country I had to fly to was WAY out of my comfort zone! But wow how much more does that show God's glory that he got me on not one plane but tons of planes to make not one but TWO LONG LONG International Journeys! I never would have believed I would get on a plane, but for my babies I did! GOD HAND picked each boy! And God gave us this heart for the country and orphanage they are in to continue to advicate for those left behind! Thank you for caring and supporting us! It shocked me that this statement was made as the others made as well. I also think it is so hard for anyone to understand choosing special needs children without a financial compensation. Whatever...Sadly we can't change what people think, but we can continue to live our lives and shout from the rooftops all God did for us, if folks dont want to hear it they can plug their ears! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I think there are always those who will criticize what others do, and always those who think they are 'right' and others are wrong. It's too bad we can't just focus on obeying God where we are and not impose things on others that God hasn't. Good post.

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails