Monday, October 11, 2010

Can't See Myself in a Mirror

Yes, I personally think I may have dropped off the face of the earth. I can't see myself in a mirror. I'm a little worried (wink).

We have been busy busy busy. The last six weeks have brought 5 birthdays and the start of school. We are just really getting into the swing of things and trying out some new curriculum.

Our wonderful Russian born son (Max) just turned eight this year and we are continually stunned at how God formed our family from across the world and blessed us so completely. He's such a driven young man. Trying to do his best in everything, with a strong will that we can see God using (smile).



It's amazing that I now have two wonderful one year olds at home. They are doing great. Gabe's immune system is slowly getting better and Rachel is now full on crawling and trying to pull herself up on things. For those that follow this blog, you know that Rachel crawling is totally God. Our little girl was called floppy and is now giving Gabe a run for his money. They are such a kick and an amazing blessing.

I can sit and watch Rachel's sweet smile (while she clocks her brother...lol) and Gabe's mischievous grin (as he looks back to see if your watching him grab the cat's tail). Just in case you didn't catch it, they are a hoot and I can't imagine EVER being without our sweet little ones.






This year has been a big one for my now 14 year old Sarah. She's gone from looking 13 to looking so much older. It was bound to happen. She is such a beautiful blessing. Her servant heart goes beyond most her age. She truly amazes us every day. Okay...and she's got a crazy warped sense of humor (I wonder where she got that from).



Finally, we have our 16 year old son Tom. Sweet sixteen...though we have decided that "sweet" just doesn't fit for a sixteen year old guy. Maybe "studly sixteen" or some such...lol. He's such a cool kid that really seems to try to keep his life and priorities in order. It is so cool to watch him check himself and be so self aware. It's a gift. I can honestly say I still like (of course love, but also like...) our wonderful teens. They're pretty great!



Well, I have a bunch of posts started...many about our trip to Ethiopia. God has opened our eyes to so many things there and at home and I truly can't wait to share them. Now it's just finding the time to do it :).

I miss talking to my bloggy friends and am determined to getting back to sharing my heart and yours. Hugs...

1 comment:

  1. Soooooo happy to see you back! And boy are those babies HAPPY!:)

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails