Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mini Health Update (Promise I Won't Keep Talking Ick :)) and Mini Milestone for Rachel

I promise this won't become a "blick" blog...lol. So much good is going on and I can't wait to share more as time passes!

Right now though I thought I'd better drop a mini health update on Gabe and I. Gabe's initial test for Malaria came back negative and we are waiting for a smear to come back.

The tough thing is that Malaria doesn't test usually test positive if there is no fever present (apparently it lays dormant in the liver during the times it's not pillaging and plundering).

I did end up going to the infectious disease doctor today. They took 7 vials of blood and 2 small jars (no joke). Symptoms fit Malaria or Typhus really well, BUT it still could be just a nasty local virus going wonky in me :). She put me on a med that is good for Typhus (I think) and another possibility I'm not familiar with.  The med won't harm me if I don't have either.

My husband laughed when I said, "Honey, this was a great day. After I threw up this morning I was only slightly nauseous all day and had NO HEADACHE OR FEVER!!!" LOL.

Yes, I know it's warped, but that is a SERIOUSLY good day lately!!!

Oh Ya! Rachel...(remember six weeks ago she could hardly roll over) today she had us cheering.

From a laying down position, for the first time, she moved to a sitting position on her own!
She has come so far and it's amazing to watch. I was too stunned to get the camera! This is big for our little girl that was so floppy when we first held her.

As we cheered, little Rachel just clapped. She wasn't quite sure why we were happy, but she knew it was a good thing.

That's it for my update, now to take advantage of no fever an go on a used curriculum hunt on the Internet :). I'm NO WHERE NEAR ready for home school yet! AHHHHH!!!!

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
God Keeps His Promises

4 comments:

  1. Serious ICK to Malaria and Typhus!!! But, YAAAAAAY no fever today! Still praying for you sweet friend:). And have you tried homeschoolclassifieds.com? It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat,

    That is great news! I'm glad you are feeling better and I pray it continues.

    As for homeschool, a long time ago a wise person said that "for a season, the baby IS school". You have two of them, adopted at that, so I'm pretty sure you can shy away from school for a while longer. :o) The lessons you are teaching all of your kids about love and compassion are far more rewarding at this point!

    Blessings,
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling a little better, three cheers for Rachel. . .

    and please don't talk to me about homeschool! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God for Rachel's wonderful progress! What a blessing. Hope you all feel much better soon!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails