Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Complete Honesty and A Wonderful Way to Make a Difference in an Orphans Life

Complete honesty...I'm tired. As my fever is creeping up again, I just feel bone weary. The headache that comes before and during the fever takes everything out of me. When the it passes I just feel weak.

Gabe is really sick too and that concerns me more. We were able to get him to our wonderful doctor today (she stayed open late for us to go get x-rays and blood work and come back to her office). His x-rays are clear (Praise God!!!!). They are running all the tests they can think of on his blood....Malaria, General Blood Panel, a smear to look...everything. This may just be a nasty virus and pass, the doctors are just concerned about the reoccurring fever in both of us.

The soonest the Internal Medicine Doctor that was recommended (for unusual testing) had an appointment for me is Monday. I'm going to call tomorrow (per a friends recommendation...thank you Christina!!!) and see if they can write a script for the same tests Gabe had (the doctors know each other). If you think of it, please pray that the doctor is okay with that. I've never been to him before, so.....

Not to be a downer. I really am okay in the big picture, just feeling like a truck hit me for the last 12 days...repeatidly...lol.

Okay, now for the good stuff. Two orphans in Sierra Leone were rescued from a horrible situation...PRAISE GOD!!!!!! The organization, "The Covering" are trying to get these children the medical help they need badly.

If you are looking for somewhere to give, look in the eyes of these children. More than that though, they need prayer. If you have a minute tonight, please check out the following site.
"Save the Orphan"

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Kat, I'm praying for healing for you and your family! I wish I lived close so I could take care of your kiddos or hold your bucket! May you and your babies feel God's healing hand right now.

    Much Love,
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! I hope you find the answers you seek SOON and that you and Gabe will be on the road to recovery. You're in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kat! How exhausting! I am praying for your health and the health of your little ones. Wish I lived close so I could give you a little break or something!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails