Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Quick Update...Discouragement and Hope

I know I had you guys praying last night and this morning for confirmation of our Embassy date. Thank you all for all your prayers. God has other plans and we are excited to see them progress.

We were told the earliest we could receive final confirmation is next Monday. We have been assured this date it ours, but will wait to purchase plane tickets until the final confirmation. We just didn't feel peace about purchasing them now and will wait.

Sometimes it's easy to get discouraged. This roller coaster ride called adoption is a endless stream of "hurry up and wait". I can't say I'm never discouraged. I'm a planner and like to have everything laid out in front of me. Today...well, I had my moments. Today that "dark cloud" thought popped into my head. That thought that it was never going to happen. Told you it was dark (smile).

Then I remembered...my prayers are always that "things will happen in whatever way will bring God the most glory".

What if we need to meet someone and witness to someone on a particular flight or airport?
What if there is someone that needs to see it's not always easy, but when we trust God it does "always work for good"?
What if, by waiting to purchase the tickets, by some miracle we get a better price or a great unknown happens (someone needed the seats we had reserved more than we did)?

I don't know what the purpose is, but I'm going to TRY to kick this discouragement to the curb. It doesn't belong in my heart or house. It WILL happen. So until then we will try to just hold on to our adoption verse (because that's what it's turned into).

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

Gabriel and Rachel...God has given us the amazing blessing of you. We WILL be there, because God is bigger than any fear, discouragement, bank account, or government.

Daddy and Mommy love you and will hold you in our arms very soon. In that God has given us confidence.

3 comments:

  1. aw kat - ill be praying you hear soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kat! I sooooooooo know!!! Adoption is exhausting. . .but oh, so worth it! And I always just can't help but wonder what God is doing with *me*. I'm sure He's constantly building my trust, my patience, my character. . .

    And just to let you know, we are being presented tomorrow, hopefully hearing Friday whether we will be chosen to parent a little girl due July 27.

    It's such a constant ride, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying without ceasing for you! Love your heart attitude, so encourages me today:).

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails