Wednesday, April 21, 2010

To God Be the Glory (Repost)-Memorial Box Monday

Yep, this is a repost about our last amazing and awesome week. When thinking about our Memorial Box Monday (yep, we're doing it Wed. this week...no box will hold us...lol) I think that the following story needs to be shared. God's working and that's exactly what the Memorial Box is about...God working and not forgetting what God's done.



If you've read my previous post, you've read about our recent excitement.

A little over a week ago I was on the computer (okay, so that may not surprise you) and I found that the "official" rules for Ethiopia had been posted. Conjecture about what may happen or what it may mean flourished on the Internet, but yesterday I received information that the U.S. Government and JCSIS had finally posted about Ethiopia's new "two trip" rule. This is what it stated...

"The Federal First Instance Court of Ethiopia has announced that as of May 9, 2010, adoptive parents must appear at the federal court hearing for their adoptive child in order for the adoption to be approved. This new requirement will affect all pending and new adoption cases that have not yet been presented to the court. If there are two adoptive parents but only one parent can attend the hearing, the attending parent must have a power of attorney from the other."

It was obvious that there was a possibility that even if our paperwork was submitted, that we would be required to take two trips (previously one) if we didn't pass court by May 9th. Besides the added expense, the thought of appearing at court, holding my little ones, then leaving for 6-8 weeks, broke our hearts.

It was decided last night that we would ask EVERYONE for prayer. We knew and stated that we would rejoice in whatever was God's will, but we also know that God listens to His children. We emailed our local prayer chain, we posted on a social networking site, blogged, and we emailed everyone we knew. This is a segment of the actual email we sent out last night and this morning.

"First, thank you, our brothers and sisters, for taking the time to pray for our little ones. We can feel your prayers.

As many of you know, things change quickly in international adoption. Ethiopia has just solidified a new rule. If you have yet to pass court by May 9th, you will now be required to make two trips. The first one is to be present at the court date (not previously required). The second trip is the only one we initially had to make, to the embassy and to bring our blessings home.

We are asking for prayers that we receive our court date and pass court before May 9th."

We even (though I promised myself I wouldn't bug them more than once a month) emailed the agency. Since they are usually really good about getting back to us, I was a little surprised that I didn't have an email in the morning. I even thought to myself, "Maybe he's checking and it's good news."

We knew we needed to cover this situation in prayer. I have been thinking about prayer a lot. Thinking about asking for prayer and just trusting God. I realize one of MANY awesome reasons.... that the more people that pray, the more that can see His glory when He works! :)

So we prayed, others prayed. We knew it could be another month or so (knowing someone who waited 3 1/2 months), but we knew that God is much bigger (yes, I know I've said it before) than governments.

I knew after giving it to God that I needed to walk away. I needed to walk away from the computer and focus not on the adoption, but God. In the beautiful sunshine our family went to a nearby big beautiful park (trails and everything). Funnily, on the way there we did talk about how to tell people when we received the court date.

After we arrived, you could see God in the trees, the sunshine, the kids running across one of the fields catching bugs and playing in the grass and dirt. I hummed to myself songs of God's awesomeness, but I didn't hurry. There's no reason to...I just enjoyed time with my children, some friends, and God.

When I came home, yes...I did check email pretty quick. The email just DRAGGED on and on and didn't really want to pull up. I prayed as it did, "God, help me just to be happy and give it to you."

Then I saw the reply to my email of last night. Not expecting a court date, but not NOT expecting it either (Does that make sense?)....the email finally booted. Here is what it said, simple and sweet....

"Hello
Your court date is April 30th"

All it took was seven simple words to make the sky light up in our house. You could see it through the ceiling!!! It was God's glory!!! Many prayed and God showed us favor.

We feel so undeserving and so very thankful. We wanted to share with you God's glory and His amazing blessing being poured out on us.... before we start talking about "What's next?" and asking for more prayers.

His glory is to behold in this whole situation. He IS...and always will be.

"For great is your love, higher than the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens,
and let your glory be over all the earth." Psalm 108:4-6


Last week was a difficult week. I was being blown about by the waves...knowing God could, but feeling frail in my belief. This week God has brought to light that when my focus is on Him, not adoption, my children, the unknowns, that the firmness...the security and assurance...of resting in His Hands is unequaled.

I praise you God! My Holy Savior is unequaled by the acts of mere men! The government's tremble at your power and the mountains move into the ocean! Your power, and favor remains beyond the visions of men! Praise you oh God!!!!!


To read what's next just click the following link....
"Court Date, Now What?"

P.S. This was our status that day on facebook, "I would like to be able to tell you we got our court date today. I really would. Okay, I will....."

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Friends of ours just had their court date last week. Here's praying that God will contnue to make your adoption path smooth and that your child will be home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kat, that is awesome. praise the Lord! i am so excited for you, keep us updated. and thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN!!!! What a great, great story. Can't wait to see pictures of your new bebe down the road!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOO needed this today! We've been waiting over 6 weeks for a court date(adopting from Bulgaria)and everyone else is literally passing us by and we don't know why ours is taking so long! It's been 3 months since we first saw/held our little girl...and our hearts are broken that we have been stalled for some reason...will you pray for us...so we can share God's glory with you as He answers our prayers? So excited for you and praying for "court passing mercies"!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how exciting for you all! I continue to feel humbled and excited at the same time for the many many ways God works in the big and little details of our lives. Keeping our focus on Him...just like the story of Peter walking on water to Jesus..so important and sometimes so challenging...So happy for you!What a wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is just so amazingly awesome!! I am thrilled for you all...Yippee Jesus!! Thank you for posting a Memorial Box post...xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kat,

    Your last paragraph gave me chills. What a mighty, faithful, and good God we serve. What a beautiful answer to prayer as you see God's hand in bringing Rachel and Gabriel home.

    May God continue to move mountains for your adoption.

    Much Love,
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the power of prayer! Some people say why pray, God will do what He wants. I disagree, its obedience and a personal relationship and we're told to pray!! God is awesome and He cares so deeply for us!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails