Monday, April 5, 2010

Memorial Box Monday-The Little Things...

I sat down tonight...exhausted. I was ready to just crash and then I remembered....Memorial Box Monday.



Last Memorial Box Monday meant so much to me. It was a rough week, God was working on me. That stretching and growing part is often painful.

This last Monday's group of posts reminded me that I needed to celebrate God's timing and celebrate each day that I didn't get "the email" about the twins court date (just like I will celebrate when we do get it!). This was tough for me to get my mind wrapped around, but it's all in God's hands and knowing that His timing is best needs to make me, as the signature on my emails says, "Have a blast in Christ!"

God has worked so much in our lives. I noticed that sometimes reading about the little things God does, encouraging us, has made me smile as much as the big things.

It seems like last week God gave me almost daily encouragement. He knew I was at a weak point and showed me love daily...even with all my faults :).

This Monday, I'm going to write about a little thing. Just a needed encouragement that presented itself.

My mom had arrived back from a hop, skip, and a jump plane ride across the United States. When she got home she tried to boot up her computer....nothing. Again and again the power light would come on, but nothing beyond that.

We all come to rely on the contraptions that shoot our words and pictures into cyberspace. My mom is just like the rest of us. For a week she tried and finally realized that her hard drive was gone. Ugg, I CANNOT fathom losing all my precious pictures of my little ones!

*(Side note) I keep saying I'll back my own personal computer up, but I'm kinda like the dogs from the movie "Up" that would stop in the middle of a sentence, look to the side and yell, "Squirrel!!!!". I'm easily distracted...what was I talking about?

Oh ya, my mom's computer.

She had tried for over a week and finally decided that she needed to get a new computer. As we sat in her house discussing this, I said, "Mom...why don't you let me have a look at it? I know I probably can't do anything, but let me just look."

As I sat down at her computer I immediately placed my hand on it and said a silent prayer. Oh, I know computers are not that important. They are items, things...but prayer is such a part of my life it's as automatic as breathing....

After doing the EXACT same thing that my mom did (probably including the prayer)...the computer booted up...all the way.

My mom looked at me and asked the obvious, "What did you do?!". My answer was the only thing it could be, "I prayed..."

This was quickly followed by, "and I know what my next Memorial Box Monday post will be." (Smile)

So my mom was still going to get a newer computer, but was able to get all her precious pictures and love filled emails off of it. Not only so, but she's going to give it to us for home school. We are going to wipe everything off it and use it for the kids.

And you know what? I fully expect the computer to work for years to come...no joke.

God knew I needed to feel Him and see Him that day. It might have been an inanimate object that had little value in the eternal, but God knew...my Heavenly Father knew that I needed Him...and (at my most undeserving...not that I ever deserve His many blessings) He let me know He was there.

Computers not booting up may not be the end of the world, but some day we WILL meet Him again...at the end of our world or time here on earth. Let's not forget what God's done for us. The little and the big...

Remember, as I've stated many times before, "Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell your storm how big your God is."

"May your days be filled with God" or I should say, "May you notice your days are already filled with God".
________________________________________
"Praise the LORD.
How good it is to sing praises to our God,
how pleasant and fitting to praise him!" Psalms 147:1

5 comments:

  1. I love this kind of story; so often we try to solve the 'easy' problems by ourselves; it's good to be reminded that it's vital to always pray about everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I think my last, ahem, "session" was one where I just could NOT go on anymore. Glad God had some mercy on my little heart!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat,
    I LOVE your story - it totally shows how our mighty God cares about EVERYTHING - and I mean EVERYTHING!! He says to "cast all our cares upon Him cause He cares for us." Yippee Jesus!! Love the story and love that you posted!! Thank you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this story! The enemy wants to kill, steal, and destroy. And I must say in this day and age, such stealing and destruction can happen through technology. God is good to restore those pictures and writings that were certainly lost. It's a good reminder that we need to pray for all things--great and small.

    Much Love,
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful story of God being in every detail of our lives...I enjoyed the storm quote...we are stormwalkers,and God is our ultimate Stormwalker!!!! God is bigger than all our storms!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails