Friday, March 19, 2010

Remember Through All This...God Wins



I had this odd train of thought this morning. My brain tends to go a million places at once.

As I soaked after a night of illness (everything hurt). I started thinking about a phrase I heard in the movie Facing the Giants, "If we win, we praise Him. And if we loose, we praise Him."

Yet, I thought, none of us really wants to lose. We hope for blessing instead of trial.

I was feeling a little guilty after thinking this. Do I want to glorify God in all things? Yes. Will I choose what is hard, the trial, if it glorifies God more? I sure hope so!

Do I hope for trials...specifically trials? Ummm.....

I can praise God through my trials, but...do I want them? Not unless they will bring God more glory.

Yet again, guilt. We all pray for blessing. Every time we say, "Please God..." we pray for blessing. Occasionally it hits me that when I ask God for blessing, am I really praying for something that will glorify Him?

That's when I started completing my circle of thought. Yes, God can be glorified in all things and we can still have faith and believe in God's blessings. "If we win, we praise Him. And if we loose, we praise Him."

Jesus even said in Matthew 7:9-11.
"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

When trials are on us I've often heard Hebrews 12:5b-7 quoted,
"'My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline,
and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
because the Lord disciplines those he loves,
and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son.'
Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?"

Sometimes I need a good 2x4 to the head and sometimes trials ARE discipline, yet sometimes I believe they are something else as well. They are Satan working on us, and God being glorified through that. They are God molding us through fire. They are God saying that He has something better in mind.

I'm going to share with you the lyrics from a song by Mercy Me. For a long time I had trouble singing it. I feel unworthy. But God is our God that saved the sinners and the weak (thank you Lord!).

My Jesus, I need You now
May Your grace look my way
To hear You sing over me
Make Your desires and mine the same

Bless me indeed
Open wide my horizons to share Your name
Bless me indeed
Let Your hand keep me from harm and pain
Bless me, Bless me

Lord I cling to Your heart
Your love is what I need
All great things come from You
May Your greatness fall on me

Bless me indeed
Open wide my horizons to share Your name
Bless me indeed
Let Your hand keep me from harm and pain
Bless me, Bless me

The Lord bless and keep you
May His face shine upon you
And be gracious and give you peace

Bless me indeed
Open wide my horizons to share Your name
Bless me indeed
Let Your hand keep me from harm and pain

Bless me
_______________________________

Remember through all this...all the trials...God wins.

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:37-39

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Great stuff again! You are my daily devotion! lol :)
    Tanks for saring :)

    Blessings,
    Tami
    Praying Jeremiah home Quickly
    www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat, there is a family in MN where I am. Who were planning to adopt. They are a beautiful young family with a birth son in pre-school. She has survived breast cancer, and they were in a church group of others stepping out to adopt.
    Yesterday she found out her breast cancer is back in her lungs and brain. Obviously this is a huge change in their plans. Now she needs to prepare her son for this.
    Please get the word out for prayers for her.
    Thank You!
    Elizabeth in MN

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!! We want the blessings, not the trials--you are so right! But God meets us in the trials; He grows us in the trials; we grow closer to Him in the trials. Isn't it amazing how that works?! It makes me think of how we appreciate our health more when we are sick--you know? Similarly, we appreciate His blessing more when we endure trials, otherwise we tend to take them for granted--unfortunate, but our human nature.

    Thank you so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails