Monday, March 22, 2010

My Life As An Answer to Prayer


This is a difficult blog to write. Not for lack of material, but for the abundance of it. The Blog Hop for today is "Answered Prayers". From big to little...I've seen it.

I knew a friend (and a professor at Pepperdine) who had an aneurysm. They said that he may not live and would never teach again. Guess what? He's teaching.

I've seen a party boy get drunk, drive, and crash into a wall. He's was in a coma for the longest time...yet, what did He find through this tragedy? God.

I've seen a drug dealer turn into a youth minister.

I've seen a little girl with cancer on her brain. The doctors said that she wouldn't make it. She's a teen now...a healed teen.

I've seen a foreign government say that a family may not adopt a specific child, and now I see pictures of that child at home with her family.

I've seen big prayers answered. I've seen small ones. There are just so many to choose to write about.

For me, today, I'm going to write about my unspoken prayers...the dreams and prayers of my heart.

I've been blessed. Oh, life has not always been easy, but I have been blessed by my Heavenly Father day in and day out.

I had the dreams of the things that little girls dream of. They were vague prayers, beyond hopes, into dreams.

I dreamed that one day I would be married to a Christian man, have many children that desired God, become a missionary in Africa, live in a brick house, bring children home from across the world. Ordinary dreams to some, but dreams of my heart.

You know what? God has answered these prayers, though not always in the way I expected.

He has given me a husband that loves God above His family.

He has given me seven children (four from across the oceans).

I live in a brick house...though I would give it up in a second to move across those same oceans to spread God's word.

As for a missionary in Africa, well...God answered that one in a most unexpected way. He answered that one with three beautiful children, all from Africa...my children. We hope to someday preach the gospel and aid the orphans while in Africa, but that's not what God has planned for us this day. Right now, He has answered in a miraculous, unbelievable way that NEVER occurred to me growing up.

That is SO our Father in Heaven.... SO cool.

God has answered so many prayers for others...for me....that I can't begin to share with you the numerous prayers God has answered. His answers are so much bigger than a blog can contain. His answers are in the very essence of God Himself.

You, we, are not alone here, but have a Heavenly Father that loves us so much that not only did He give us His Son (which is more than we deserve or could ask for), but continues to bless us daily.

"As the Scripture says, 'Anyone who trusts in Him will never be put to shame.' For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on Him...'" Romans 10:11-12

_________________________________________

CONDENSED and VERY SPECIFIC PRAYER REQUEST LIST

1. We are praying for the lawyer and his conviction when He sees our children's faces.
2. We are praying for paperwork to be perfect and present.
3. We are praying for a quick court date.
4. We are praying for those relinquishing...for their spirit, hope, God's peace. We are also praying they are able to be present with the correct identification.
5. We are praying for the judge and that he sees the need to pass us the first time we come to court and the papers are sped to the embassy where we receive a very quick embassy date.
6. We are praying that we are able to travel in April, not for convenience, but to know our children are safe during elections in Ethiopia and to have confidence they are where they are supposed to be...forever (as long as God loans our children to us on this earth). We know God's timing is WAY better than ours though.
7. Most importantly we are praying that our twins are warm, comforted, loved, held, that angels are surrounding them, that God's hand is upon them...and the list goes on and on.
8. We are also praying that God blesses us financially and the funds flood in for travel.
9. Lastly, please pray for peace for our hearts as we wait (it's not easy after seeing their faces :)).

PRAYERS FOR OTHERS
Please continue to pray for a few others that, in their situations, governments (and mountains) need to move to bring their children home.
Please pray for Daniel, Junior and Diamoh (Liberia).
Please pray for Olivia Mame (Ethiopia)
Please pray for Rolando and Julia (Guatemala)

Please pray for my sweet friend (God knows her name) whose domestic adoption failed yesterday. Please pray for comfort for the family.

Please pray for "The Covering" in Sierra Leone. Please pray they get the funds, supplies, and sponsorships needed to support these wonderful blessings.

Please pray for "Motherly Care" in Kenya as they struggle. Please pray sponsorship is found for this orphanage.

Please also pray for healing for three little girls with Leukemia, Abby, Tatum, and Elke. Abby has has been in this battle and is fighting as we speak. Her courage has been amazing. You can find out about Abby by clicking on the button on the right side of our blog



MckLinky Blog Hop

7 comments:

  1. What a blessing to have so many answered prayers that you actually have difficult thinking what to write about. You are blessed indeed! Loved your post!

    Chris

    http://absolutely--positive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Beautiful Post! One of these days I'll get the hang of these Blog Hops. I've never done one before, so I don't quite know what I'm doing.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    God Bless!

    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definately count me as praying for all those on your list. God is amazing and blesses all who let Him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU for sharing this! I'm glad I've found your blog - and will be back to read more...

    I needed your blog today :-)

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    I love your site. It is so touching. Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome post. Thank you for sharing your heart!

    Tami Kellerman
    www.mudpiesformom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for participating in the blog hop. I sponsored it and then "life" got in the way of participating myself. It is so meaningful to read about amazing answers to prayer. I am blessed because of you!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails