Monday, March 22, 2010

Memorial Box Monday-Twins God? Really?!


I'm a firm believer in signs. I believe God works so intimately in our lives that often He gives us reminders of His promises and reminders of His will for our lives.

As we began our current adoptive journey it was like a slow moving stream, still thawing from winter. God gave us answers, often ones we did not expect.

We weren't sure where we were going. Just that God was taking us there.

After the absolute knowledge that God had another child planned for our family, we prayed...and prayed. There was a peaceful silence. If you know me, you'd know I don't usually do well with limbo (thus my current insanity). Therefore you probably already figured out that peace in limbo doesn't come naturally to me. It comes supernaturally...from God.

One night (after many months of praying) while I curled up in my bed, I had one word pop into my mind, "Twins". I looked at the clock and it was exactly 11:22. "God?", I thought, "Are you sure?"

My husband and I knew this was what God wanted. We hadn't had peace about just one child (just peace in waiting). It was tough getting our minds wrapped two children though. We firmly believe every child is a blessing, but (as many of you know) expanding your mind is not always comfortable...the stretching...yikes!.

I remember while driving a couple of hours to our in-laws, looking at my husband and saying, "Two? Really?"

Yet after much prayer, we knew what God wanted from us. I needed God's help though, to get my mind wrapped around this. I needed to be reminded that this is what we were supposed to do.

As we headed to the doctor the next day, my mom (not knowing of our adoption plans yet) started talking about a episode she saw about a couple with twins. I smiled and thought, "If she only knew". I walked with my little one in to get blood drawn and ran into our long time nurse. She was very pregnant. With a smile she patted her protruding belly, "It's twins!" she said.

Okay, yes, at this point God was getting my attention. Yet, He wasn't through.

We actually sped through the doctors office (which just doesn't happen). Next, we proceeded to swing by the grocery store on the way home. At the checkout I start chatting with the sweet woman helping us. Yes, this is normal for me. She talked about how cute my kids were (I couldn't help but agree, though I am a tad biased). She then starts talking about her two little ones...of course, you can see it coming, her twins.

The entire day was like that. I was smiling and laughing by the end of it. God is so very active in our lives that it is SO amazing. He reminded me His will for us. He is there and ever present in our lives.

So this is for my memorial box. A memory of God reminding us of His plans for our lives. How cool is that?!

_________________________

VERY SPECIFIC PRAYER REQUEST LIST

1. We are praying for the lawyer and his conviction when He sees our children's faces.
2. We are praying for paperwork to be perfect and present.
3. We are praying for a quick court date.
4. We are praying for those relinquishing...for their spirit, hope, God's peace. We are also praying they are able to be present with the correct identification.
5. We are praying for the judge and that he sees the need to pass us the first time we come to court and the papers are sped to the embassy where we receive a very quick embassy date.
6. We are praying that we are able to travel in April, not for convenience, but to know our children are safe during elections in Ethiopia and to have confidence they are where they are supposed to be...forever (as long as God loans our children to us on this earth). We know God's timing is WAY better than ours though.
7. Most importantly we are praying that our twins are warm, comforted, loved, held, that angels are surrounding them, that God's hand is upon them...and the list goes on and on.
8. We are also praying that God blesses us financially and the funds flood in for travel.
9. Lastly, please pray for peace for our hearts as we wait (it's not easy after seeing their faces :)).

PRAYERS FOR OTHERS
Please continue to pray for a few others that, in their situations, governments (and mountains) need to move to bring their children home.
Please pray for Daniel, Junior and Diamoh (Liberia).
Please pray for Olivia Mame (Ethiopia)
Please pray for Rolando and Julia (Guatemala)

Please pray for my sweet friend (S's family) whose domestic adoption failed and "The C family" whose international adoption fell through last week as well. Please pray for comfort for the families and God's continued guidance.

Please pray for "The Covering" in Sierra Leone. Please pray they get the funds, supplies, and sponsorships needed to support these wonderful blessings.

Please pray for "Motherly Care" in Kenya as they struggle. Please pray sponsorship is found for this orphanage.

Please also pray for healing for three little girls with Leukemia, Abby, Tatum, and Elke. Abby has has been in this battle and is fighting as we speak. Her courage has been amazing. You can find out about Abby by clicking on the button on the right side of our blog


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Twins!! I LOVE it....and I love how God told you...11:22...sooooo cool. Praying with you for the needs you mentioned...oh how His heart is for the orphan.

    Thank you so much for doing a Memorial Box Monday post.

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails