Monday, March 8, 2010

I Wonder How Long Will it Take For Us to Answer God?

I wonder how long it will take for us to realize that what God wants us to do trumps what we feel "comfortable" doing.

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2

I wonder how long it will take for us to realize that "comfortable" is not what we need.

"That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." II Corinthians 9:10

I wonder how long it will take us to see that often we make a conscious, logical decision to try to have a biological child. Often we didn't feel led, but made a decision. Sadly it is not always a decision that is even prayed about. Yet often the response to adoption is, "It's not what I'm called to do." (often said without even one prayer). We filled a deep physical desire placed by God to give birth to a child. What about the deep physical desire to follow God's commands?

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

I wonder how long it will take for us to realize that when we are talking about adoption and we say "I can't afford it.", we are limiting God and our lack of faith is staring us in the face.

"Jesus replied, 'I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.'" Matthew 21:21-23

I wonder how long it will be before we realize that we cannot store our treasures up on earth...that a new car, 401K, or a college fund has no eternal value.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal." Matthew 6:19-20

I wonder how long it will take for us to see that every child is a blessing from God and not an "expense","inconvenience",or "bad timing".

"But Jesus called the children to him and said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.'" Luke 18:16

I wonder how long it will take to see that little girl walking down the road with an infant tied to her back? At night, she is curling up on the floor, trying to keep her brother warm. She is only six and the only parent this baby has. How long will it take us to see that we are giving her $100 and driving away...leaving her to take care of herself and a baby? How long before we see that giving money may aid the orphan (which is needed and blessed), but it doesn't tuck them in at night and tell them that they are loved and wanted?

"If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing." I Corinthians 13:3

I wonder how long it will take for us to see that saying "No" to God only hurts ourselves.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth." Revelation 3:15-16

I wonder how long it will take us to see, in our spirits, that God is holding the orphans, He's holding them out to us.

"Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, 'Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother.'" Mark 3:34-35

I wonder how long it will take us to see that we are raising God's children, not our own...Christ's brother, Christ's sister.

He gave us His son and wants to give us more. He's given us life and yet still wants to bless us. When will we, as a family of Christian brothers and sisters, stop making excuses and gladly take the blessings that God has in store?

He's holding them out to you? Will you listen?


MckLinky Blog Hop

5 comments:

  1. You have some amazing stories. thanks for sharing.
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hopping over for the McLinky tour. Yes, my sentiments exactly, children are a Blessing from the Lord!

    God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopped over from the BlogHop. Excited that your excited about orphans. Many blessings on your Ethiopian journey :)

    Melissa
    www.thecorkums.com
    www.graftedfamilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. stopping by via the Blog Hop...

    A very inspiring and wonderful post...

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. May God richly bless you and your husband as you take on one of the greatest commitments of your life. Those 2 little lives will NEVER be same...

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails