Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"We Just Can't Afford It Right Now"


This picture...this picture breaks my heart and brings it joy (all at the same time). This is our oldest son in 2007 cherishing, not his new sister, but another little one that needed love, needed arms to hold her...an orphan.

Today I read a blog that says exactly what's on my heart much of the time. I know facing the expense of adoption is "outside of the box" of what many will think of doing. It's hard to step forward and say, "This is God's will for our lives and we will follow Him regardless of what is in our bank account."

We have never had the funds to adopt...never. Yet God has blessed us beyond what we could ever imagine.

First God gave me His Son and then He kept blessing me. I don't deserve it. I can't fathom it. I can't get my mind wrapped around how much He loves me or why...but He does. As we bring home our 6th and 7th child (3rd and 4th adoption), how could I see ANYTHING but blessing.

Don't let worldly worries stop you from following (or even listening) to God.

Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell your storm how big your God is.

Please check out this blog called "A Place Called Simplicity" that not only moved me, but reminded me of the passion God has placed on my heart. Linny, thank you for writing what so many of us feel and for listening to God as He put this on your heart!

If you would like to read more about finances and adoption, please check out earlier blog posts.

"The Effect of the Economy on Orphans"

"The Financial Aspect of Adoption and Fundraising"

If you would like to see how God changed our lives as He brought our little ones home, we would love for you to view their videos and read their stories....
Max's Journey (Russia)
Bekah's Journey (Ethiopia)

3 comments:

  1. Kat,

    You are welcome to link anytime you wish. I am thankful for you and your continual encouragement at A Place Called Simplicity. You are a blessing dear friend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post. It was just what i needed. And that picture... wow. so moving.

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails