Sunday, December 27, 2009

Whatever You Did To Me Last Night, Don't Ever Do It to Me Again


Seventeen years ago I met the most insane person in my life. That first Christmas, only weeks after we started "going out", he told me he had a present for me outside... in the cold. I stepped out of my apartment and he drenched me with a Super Soaker, emptying it, before handing it to me and saying, "Merry Christmas honey". I knew it was love.

Sixteen years ago I walked down the aisle (to very non-traditional music), with giant bear slippers under my wedding gown. The funny thing is that it wasn't about the wedding. I just wanted to be married to my best friend. The marriage was WAY more important than the wedding.

Sixteen years later, God has given me every desire of my heart. I am still madly in love with my best friend. We have five children and seven by the end of next year. He's still as nuts as when I married Him. God is good...so amazingly, wonderfully, good.

Thomas, thank you for loving me, cherishing me, and helping me to become closer to our Heavenly Father. You are not only my "Mr. Right" and the missing piece to my puzzle, but you are my brother, best friend, father to our children, and so much more. After God, you are it for me.

Oh, and for those of you who are wondering about the title of this blog. My husband woke up after our first honeymoon night COMPLETELY sick and throwing up. He turned to me, as we were snuggling in bed, and said, "Honey, whatever you did to me last night, don't EVER do it again."

2 comments:

  1. LOL!! Love the title and the story behind it! And isn't it funny how we're all different?! I would NOT have been impressed at being soaked with my gift. Guess you two are the perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  2. after reading this story, i just have to say, "Can you come over?!" I think I will like you very much!! :)

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails