Friday, December 18, 2009

How Could Heaven's Heart Not Break on the Day That You Came?


There is a thought that has run around my mind leaving little marks everywhere. I’m not sure I can put the thoughts in writing, but I am going to give it a try.

This Christmas we’re waiting (and we’re missing) two sweet little blessings that we don’t know and have yet to be referred. Our twins in Ethiopia leave a small void this Christmas, a void just big enough for four little feet. Yet, in one way, I’m thankful they are not here yet.

That was difficult to write, as I long for them so badly. I am though...thankful that is.

You see, we are coming up on the time of year that we celebrate the time Jesus came to earth in the form of a baby…ready to give so much to us. God knew what He was sending His son here for. He knew his son was being born to die. Though Jesus was and is part of Him, the close union they shared in Heaven had to be different…from my human perspective at least. It seems like there would be celebrating as God’s plan came to fruition, yet also mourning at what Christ, the Son of God, was born to bear.

Knowing I can’t do these thoughts justice, knowing this is not going to be written or come out as eloquently as I intend, the void I feel longing for my children, this void is nothing. The absence of God’s Son in the Heavenly Realms had to be beyond what our imagination can foster. What God sacrificed for us is more than the death of His Son, He sacrificed His loss as well. He subjected not just His Son, but Himself because of His love for us.

I know, as a human, I didn’t say this right. Yet, I know, as a human, I can only understand a glimpse of the sacrifice given for me. This Christmas season, as I miss our children, I can understand…..just a tiny speck of an inkling….what our God must have felt sending His Son to this earth. Just a passing glimpse of an idea of what our Father felt.

Yet, I know our children will come home. I guess God did too. He knew He would come home through death, in a most painful way, on the cross.

So you see why I’m glad. If I can understand this pain on any, even the remotest level, I praise Him for what He is doing in my life.

The words from Mercy Me’s song “Gloria” comes to mind….

How could Heaven's heart not break
On the day, the day that You came?
Salvation's reason to celebrate
On the day, the day that You came

3 comments:

  1. Kat,
    Thank-you for the encouragement you left me on my blog.

    I really needed to hear that tonight, so thank-you.

    dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank-you for the beautiful reminder in this post. I truly needed to hear that.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the tiniest inkling of an understanding of what you are saying. :) That sounds crazy, I know, but I think you'll know what I mean.

    Amazing, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails