Sunday, December 6, 2009

From "Missing" to "Celebrating"


Two months ago today our endless paperwork chase ended. Today, two months ago, we began waiting for the precious and cherished new additions to our family. I thought the wait wouldn’t be hard this time. Busyness keeps us from dwelling on it too much, but one thing that I didn’t factor into the equation…Christmas time.

It’s getting a little chilly here as winter rolls in. We scrambled to get a jacket for our oldest daughter, as it seems that many stores want girls to be fashionable instead of warm (smile). Hands may be blue, but they LOOK GOOD!

We put up the Christmas tree to decorate for our celebration of Christ’s birth. The heater was FINALLY turned on. Yet, at the end of last week, a package came. Our Christmas Ornament that we order every year from
OrnamentShop.com
. It’s the only one we pay more than a very few dollars for. We can’t afford much this year. God is amazingly good to us, but we have to be wise with the gifts He’s given. As with everyone around us, it seems, we are very tight financially.

This ornament warmed my heart and made things so real. It made me long to hold our little ones in my arms as we celebrate the the Birth of Salvation, our Savior. It made me yearn to snuggle them in my arms as the cold night falls and sing to them of Jesus’ love. Waiting is not as easy as I thought it would be this time. Pieces are still missing to our family.

As we celebrate this season I realize on a greater level what God gave to us. Our children are part of our very core. They are impressions on our hearts. As we wait to hold our little ones, I thank God for the chance to understand, even just a smidgen more, of the love God had for His Son and for us.

I long for the days that the “missing” will be concluded and the “celebrating” will begin. I’m not just talking about our little ones here.

I’m talking about bowing down before our Savior, no more missing and longing….pure celebration.

"Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.'" Luke 2:13-14

1 comment:

  1. The wait has always been hard for me. Praying you are at HH very soon.

    Thank you so much for praying for my daughter, Abby.

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails