Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas with Meaning

Early Sunday morning, just as the sun rose, we headed off for an hour and a half drive to my Mother-in-law and Step Father-in-law's Church and to their home to celebrate the first of three Christmas celebrations with family. We were surrounded by laughter...usually caused by my husband. The kids at least thought so, as he had them laughing...again.


We love being with family. Our nieces just make this world a more glorious place. They are blessings from God that we cherish every moment with. You can see the family resemblance. Our niece is in the white colorful shirt and our daughter Anna is in the black colorful one. They look more like sisters. Our oldest niece, Misty, is carrying our sweet Bekah on her back and subjecting herself to a vigorous hair brushing.







We are obviously amazingly blessed. Yet something was missing from today. He was there with us. We celebrated Him at Church, but He wasn't the focus...the way He should have been...of our first family Christmas.

God, Jesus...He's it for me, yet I left Him out of a celebration that should be just for Him...His birthday, the birthday of our Salvation.

It's amazing how quickly we lose focus. I wonder how I'm to teach my children, when I (at times) forget.

Tomorrow is another day, another day that I will NOT forget. I will remember...every second...the reason we celebrate Christ. He is my salvation, my life, my all.

_______________________________________

PRAYER REQUESTS:
As CHRISTmas time is upon us, there are some families hurting...struggling.
There are three little girls with Leukemia, Abby, Tatum, and Elke. Abby is in the hospital right now with VERY low numbers and breathing issues, please pray hard for a fast and complete recovery and healing.

Please also pray for our dear friend's sister Jane. She just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Everything looked good and then Jane had problems breathing. She is at the hospital on a respirator. They have found a clot in her heart and heart damage. Please petition our father for her healing.

Another friend's sister, Kathy, just had a stroke. Please pray for her complete healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails