Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Role of The Church

"Only Pharisees think you can clean fish before you catch them."
"God takes attendance by whose missing."
"We need to stop looking at the kingdom through Church lenses and look at the Church through kingdom lenses."

These are just a few of the phrases in this video that hit me hard. A humorous Baptist preacher is talking to leaders of MANY denominations. I may not be Baptist, but he spoke to me through and through. I needed to hear this. He's talking about the role Church has and the role we have. It brought A LOT of laughter and also made the tears come. Most importantly it made me think about bringing Jesus to others. It's 45 minutes long, but the best 45 minutes I've spent in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails