Sunday, September 13, 2009

An Orphans Prayer

I read this on another lovely family's blog. They are going through a really tough time as approval has been withdrawn for a specific little Taiwanese child because, well...those in authority are concerned and feel the family should be more affluent to care for this little girls special needs. Please remember, they were approved. They said that the funds were sufficient and then they changed their minds.

This makes my heart cry. Please pray for this child and the family that seeks to adopt her...please pray for discernment as they decide on how to proceed. As God wills, please pray for mountains to move.

Now...The Orphans Prayer followed by our own personal praises and prayer requests.

_____________________________________________


I am waiting...somewhere far...far away on the other side of the world.
I may not know who you are or what you look like,
but somewhere deep in my heart I know you are out there.
That one day you will come and find me.
It's a long journey, and it takes a lot of time...I wish it could be easier.
But I know the ones that come for me will not count the cost.
They will only see the joy in finding me.
For now I abide in the fields of the fatherless.
Day by day wondering why I was born here and not somewhere else?
Asking why my life couldn't have been different?
It is so lonely.
Even though I am surrounded by hundreds of other children, I know that something is missing...
I know in my heart I need a place to call home.
My arms long to be wrapped in a fathers embrace...
I long to be saved by a mother's love...

Gazing out the orphans window, I offer a prayer of hope,
"Oh God please help them come quickly."
Even as I lay in the darkness each night somehow I feel assured, that no matter how lost I appear,
I am not alone.
Holy hands guard my steps; sacred fingers wipe my tears, touching my lonely heart.
The one who made me, the God that knew me before I was born, hears me every time I call.
He whispers His promises in my ear.
I listen with hope to His voice.

But what I worry about most is that no one wants to look for me.
The fields are vast and there are so many scattered all over the earth.
I wonder how one little child, so lost, can be found?
Yet He calms my heart and assures me He will find you.
That He will make sure that you hear His voice clearly.
He has promised me that he will make a way through the fields,
that He will personally cut a path, and lead you right to my orphanage door.
My prayer is....When He speaks...Please don't forget to listen...
When He calls don't be too afraid to go.
For I am waiting...somewhere, far...far away on the other side of the world to come home.

-Anonymous

__________________________________________________
Praises and Prayer Requests...

Praises!!!!
That God has seen to bless our wonderful friends with approval of their home study. and that more sweet children will now find their forever family!!!
That God is leading our lives. It doesn't matter if it's easy or hard, SOO COOL!
That God provided the funds through some WONDERFUL means to submit our dossier and begin our wait!!!

Immediate Adoption Process Prayer Requests:
*That God’s hand is on the paperwork, that they proceed with not a glitch, getting translated and registered with amazing speed.
*That God brings our newest children home quickly.
*That God blesses us with the funds as we gather them to complete the next step of this process (accepting the referral of the twins when the time comes).

All Adoption Prayer Requests:
Please Pray…..
*For these little ones God has chosen to place in our family…for their physical and emotional health in a difficult place.
*For their biological family…that God has His hand on them and brings them peace in whatever they must face.
*That God has His hand on this adoption, guiding us, bringing peace, and financially providing. That the funds pour in like water in a surge of blessing.
*Last, though it may seem a bit premature, please specifically pray that once we are referred our little ones, that they come home quickly and pass court the first time (many are starting to have multiple court dates and a LONG wait until travel). The Ethiopian government is being very cautious and caring with their wonderful children though and for that we are so thankful.
*Lastly, that we have peace and not stress, trusting God in every step.
________________________

Also, please join us in prayers for four beautiful Christian families and five sweet children who are facing obstacles above and beyond what a adoption process usually looks like. Governments will literally have to move for these older and special needs children to come home. Families are waiting for them and we are SO excited to see God work in these lives and these governments to bring these adoptive blessings home!

Olivia Mame (Ethiopia)-I would like to ask your prayers for a little sweet young girl in Ethiopia named Olivia Mame. There are some very immense road blocks, serious ones, that have to be conquered in order to finish the adoption of this precious young lady.

Jubilee (China)- A Christian family is struggling through major hurdles with their international adoption from China. Please pray for this family and for the government to move to bring her home.

Daniel (Liberia)-A little one with hydrocephaly awaits his family. Please pray that Daniel does not deteriorate farther and that people in authority to move this case feel the passion to see this through quickly.

Ronaldo and Julia (Guatemala)-For years this family has been trying to get their beautiful future children out of Guatemala. Every time it seems close there is another glitch. Please pray with us. Please pray that EVERY problem is resolved and every piece of paper has the perfection only God can give.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that story breaks my heart. I will praying for this family.

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails