Thursday, August 13, 2009

IMMIGRATION APPROVAL!!!!

I woke up this morning super motivated. I was creating a home school curriculum on Africa/Ethiopia/Amharic today. There’s so much on the internet that I knew I could find what I needed. After hours of work, 18 weeks (1/2 year) of curriculum was created for my younger children. I felt productive! I felt hopeful!

Then a mini bomb hit. Some money we were counting on to help with the submitting of the dossier fell through. $1,500.00 in the over all scope of the adoption process is not much, but since funds are due at each step….$6,700.00 this time…well, this hurt. In tears I prayed. I prayed knowing that God would provide, but (yet again) letting my humanness flourish. I felt discouraged and challenged. Where the discouragement came from is obvious. I felt challenged because I have to see what I can’t see…the funds that will come. I seem to remember a verse about that…it has something to do with faith (smile).

I had to step away from my wallowing momentarily to pick up my oldest at football practice. He’s a blast to watch…all the kids are. We swung by Walgreens on the way home…scrounging around for enough spare change to grab some printer paper (a result of my Africa curriculum insanity). Our home (and air conditioning) awaited….

Even with a Suburban our car looks a tad like a clown car when we are unloading. Everyone stopped to retrieve this or that, items that just couldn’t be forgotten. I wish they’d do a little more of that (with the life forms created at the bottom of sippy cups that are left in there).

Of course as we settle in to relax (Lol lol lol…relax?! This close to the school year?! I made a funny!), I realized that I forgot my drink in the car. My wonderful oldest met the mailman out in front. That is when my day went from amazing lows to amazing highs. Today we received our immigration approval for two children under the age of two. EVERYTHING was perfect on the form. I don’t think I have seen a more beautiful looking piece of paper EVER. It took EXACTLY 14 days including the day we were fingerprinted!

What this means….as soon as the funds are gathered we can put everything together and send it to Ethiopia where we will be placed on the official waiting list!!!!!!

This is so very very good!

______________________________________________________

Immediate Adoption Process Prayer Requests (Next 1-2 weeks)
*That God’s hand is on the remaining paperwork and that they proceed with not a glitch, quickly and correctly.
*That God blesses us with the funds to submit the paperwork (dossier) to Ethiopia when the time comes (hopefully in about a week).

All Adoption Prayer Requests:
Please Pray…..
*For these little ones God has chosen to place in our family…for their physical and emotional health in a difficult place.
*For their biological family…that God has His hand on them and brings them peace in whatever they must face.
*That God has His hand on this adoption, guiding us, bringing peace, and financially providing. That the funds pour in like water in a surge of blessing.
*Last, though it may seem a bit premature, please specifically pray that once we are referred our little ones, that they come home quickly and pass court the first time (many are starting to have multiple court dates and a LONG wait until travel). The Ethiopian government is being very cautious and caring with their wonderful children though and for that we are so thankful.
*Lastly, that we have peace and not stress, trusting God in every step.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kat,

    I recently joined the International Christian Adoption yahoo group. Congratulations on receiving Immigration approval! And in 14 days - wow!! :-)

    I have been reading through your blog this morning and have enjoyed and appreciated your posts about the working of God in our life and how He provides. It seems we are facing some very similiar challenges in our family. We have a little girl from China, and now God has led us to adopt a precious 9 year old girl from Taiwan. Many people do not understand why we are taking this on, and some have expressed concerns about us being able to deal with an older child's special needs, and wondering how we are going to raise the money. All we can say is, God has called and we have answered! :-)

    Please feel free to stop by our blog. We will pray for your journey as you continue on. I love connecting with other Godly adoptive mama's online. Maybe we can be a prayer support for each other!

    Joy in the Journey~
    Jennifer (I'm 37, too!)

    www.johnsonfamilyadoption2.blogspot.com (Taiwan adoption blog)

    www.johnsonfamilyadoption.blogspot.com (Family journal / China adoption blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, Just dropped by your adoption blog and can NOT wait to follow along in your wonderful journey!

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails