Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Week of Home School and God's Amazing Blessings


I sat at the home school table and heard a quiet crying from the girls back bedroom. It sounded like Bekah our three year old. It was so sweet and pitiful.
“Bekah honey, what’s wrong?” I asked her as I pulled her into my arms.
Sniff sniff, “I want more homework mommy.”
Oh, the trauma I inflict on my children. I just tried not to laugh and snuggled with her.

I was really concerned…hmmm…concerned isn’t the right word. I was really unsure of how this year would progress home schooling five children. Will the schedule be too intense? Too easy? Would I be stretching myself too thin? Actually, it’s been peaceful and fun. The schedule is working out wonderfully and though I know it needs some tweaking, the routine seems to be working so far. Don’t worry, I’m not saying that out loud (wink).

We are studying the usual Math, English, History, Science, Health and adding Gym and Africa/Ethiopia Studies to it as well. I love that there is so much available on the web to create the Africa curriculum for my younger kids. After not liking…no, detesting Math as a kid, I’ve been surprised how much I enjoy teaching it. I guess after years of trying to stretch the almighty dollar, multiplication is not so bad (smile).

This week we are still gathering funds to send the adoption paperwork (dossier) in. We have been blessed by some wonderful people who have shared with us their desire to help bring our newest blessings home. I’m stunned at the amazing ways God is fulfilling His gift to us. Wow…God is at work on us in ways that we don’t even have the ability to understand yet.

I want to mention yet again how wonderful God had been and IS to us. We don’t deserve Him and the gifts He continues to give. I feel so unworthy. As we see this crack in the door of how these funds will be provided, it amazes us and humbles us.

For those who have been called to pray for our family…
_____________________________________________

Immediate Adoption Process Prayer Requests (Next 1-2 weeks)
*That God’s hand is on the remaining paperwork and that they proceed with not a glitch, quickly and correctly.
*That God blesses us with the funds to submit the paperwork (dossier) to Ethiopia when the time comes (hopefully within a week).

All Adoption Prayer Requests:
Please Pray…..
*For these little ones God has chosen to place in our family…for their physical and emotional health in a difficult place.
*For their biological family…that God has His hand on them and brings them peace in whatever they must face.
*That God has His hand on this adoption, guiding us, bringing peace, and financially providing. That the funds pour in like water in a surge of blessing.
*Last, though it may seem a bit premature, please specifically pray that once we are referred our little ones, that they come home quickly and pass court the first time (many are starting to have multiple court dates and a LONG wait until travel). The Ethiopian government is being very cautious and caring with their wonderful children though and for that we are so thankful.
*Lastly, that we have peace and not stress, trusting God in every step
Posted by Kat at 6:21 AM 0 comments

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that homeschooling is off to a great start! We want to do the same with all of our kids, so I will be following along with your stories, tips and advice. :-)

    And great news about those financial gifts! God is The Provider!!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my daughter liked homework. Let the homeschooling begin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, i loved your comment...I wish i'd thought to have said it in my actual post...beautifully said..thanks for taking the time to write it :) kristi

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails