Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Loving Bekah


“Mommy”, I hear a sweet little voice, “Max say he tell on me!” It may not sound like the phrase most parents long to hear, but then they don’t look into the huge eyes of our little Ethiopian princess. Yes, we are a little curious what she is telling on herself about (her brother hadn’t said a word), but we feel so amazingly blessed to just be able to hear those words.

We waited for nine long months for her “birth” into our family. On June 9th 2007, after a VERY long plane trip, Bekah, Tom, and I traveled down a well-worn hallway to pass through immigration and into the arms of our family.

Two years ago today she met her daddy, sisters, and brother. Two years ago today she radiated such an amazing joy, like nothing we have ever seen in a child. Bekah, honey, we celebrate this day of your birth into our family. You are beyond what we could have imagined. You have your grandpa’s dimples. Your mommy and daddy’s chipmunk cheeks and (some may say unfortunately) you have the warped Marr/Beckmann sense of humor. We love you beyond our wildest imagination sweetheart.

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see that you have a blog. I'll be reading. Bekah is precious. Happy family day! I hope to see you all again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so gorgeous. I am glad you commented on my blog, I didn;t know your blog address.

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails