Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Cure for the Common Cold


Yes, I know I write a lot about adoption. That’s where our hearts are so much of the time. There is so much more to me though. I’m supermom of course (stop laughing…just because my eyes glow red occasionally, that shouldn’t disqualify me).

I am actually also a home school mom too.

Now you probably reacted one of three ways…all of which make me laugh. Really, it’s not an insult to you, I just live in my little world where it really is funny!
Reaction #1: That’s cool...
Response: I laugh because it is cool, except when my head’s spinning around on my shoulders and I say “Their yours” when my husband walks in the door.
Reaction #2: She must really have a gift to do that.
Response: Ummm…nope. I’m laughing because some days it is SO fun and I think, “Man, I’m really on my game.” and other times I think I’m completely insane….which leads me to the next one.
Reaction #3: She must be completely insane.
Response: I laugh because you’re right and it is the best place to be!

Next year is the first year I will be home schooling four kids. My poor kids. They range from 7th grade down to pre-school. To be fair, we test them at the end of the year to make sure we’re not warping them too much and that they’re at grade level.

If you had asked me three years ago if I would ever have home schooled, the answer would have been a resounding, “You must not be talking to me, because that will never happen. I want my kids to live beyond middle school.” God had other ideas though. He introduced us to it gradually and it was actually my husband that came up with the suggestion. So I face bravely, and plan accordingly, my second year of home school with four children, a son that will be a Freshman at a Christian high school, and infant twins (most likely by the end of the year).

So when you call, I will probably be gone. I will be creating a cure for the common cold. I figure after teaching four kids, going through teen drama, and loving on two infants all day…I can do anything!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you are going to be super busy! So, yes, I think you can safely call yourself "SuperMom."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I mention my head occasionally spins around on my shoulders? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kat! It was great meeting you at the Abeka display. I read about your adoptions this morning, and they are both beautiful stories. I can't wait to read the next one! :)

    ReplyDelete

In the joy of following our Heavenly Father, we sometimes choose to proceed with a whisper, a verse, or a downright shove...no matter how we follow Him, the momentum that follows is like nothing we've ever experienced before.

Join the momentum...it is a beautiful place to be. It's not always easy, but then the best things never are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails